New Jersey Port

Jeanine&Jim

Need help on where to stay the night before our cruise out of Bayonne NJ in Feb.

We had reservations at the Best Western for park and stay but poor reviews on this site have us thinking twice.

Anyone know of a good hotel with safe park and stay packages?

Don't know about buses, but there are quite a few hotels around the Newark airport, you might want to check out.

My sister-in-law stayed at the Mariott and said it was nice. She didn't have a car though, not sure if they have a park and stay package.

I stayed in NYC and the costs to get to/from Bayonne, Cape Liberty were atrocious.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

Jeanine,

I inquired on the main RCCL board today (Bayonne-good experience--anyone?)about the BW because I was a little hesitant to book as well. However, I got the following posts that might make you feel better. (I copied and pasted the quotes-hope it's OK) We are definitely going to stay here now. The rate is reasonable and the shuttle is convenient.

"We stayed at the BW a year ago in June. We had no problems at all. I am going to give you possible pros and cons and you can decide.

Pros

The rooms were nice, recently redone

The people at the hotel were great, very kind

You park for free for 10 days, longer than that is a reasonable rate.

They take you in their van to the pier. Depending on how many people are staying, they make several runs

They give you a voucher for the return trip. Once you are back at the port, you turn right go down to the end, ask about the shuttle back to the BW and they will direct you.(it is a taxi company) It is very easy

Your car is locked in a fence compound while you are gone.

Cons

This area of Newark is not the best in the world.

If you are not use to driving in NJ it is a mess. We googled our trip and went there with no problem. We went out later to eat and were lost and had a terrible time with the turn arounds. Eat before you get there. They have a very small restaurant in the BW but it wasn't open for dinner.

You drive down a street to the hotel that looks like an alley, it gave me the creepies.

You must leave your keys, this bothers some people. I checked our mileage before we left and there was no extra mileage.

I think you will have to decide what is best for you. It was fine for us."

"Stayed at the Best Western in May. Had no issues other than location. If you plan on one night and ordering food out you should have no problems. The hotel was clean and the staff very nice. The shuttle service is a big plus."

"We live in NJ and never stayed in the hotel BUT it's near (a few minutes by car)Jersey Gardens mall.

http://www.jerseygardens.com/

and a Ruby Tuesday restaurant. "

Hope this helps.

Rita

Does anyone know about buses from the Boston area to the Bayonne terminal? This is another option for us. Thanks

Royal Caribbean does run a bus program to/from Bayonne Port. See below:

1. BOSTON

SO.STATION TERM-700 ATLANTIC AVE, GATE A

Pick-up: 8:00 AM

Drop-off: 4:00 PM

Cost is $115 per person, and you have to book these through your TA, or call Royal Caribbean if you booked direct. Hope that helps.

If you decide to stay overnight, Courtyard by Marriott Newark Liberty Airport is a decent choice. It will run you about $80 - $100 for the night, and the port is only about 20 minutes away.

I've been to Cape liberty many times and park my car for the week with no problem.

Have a great time.

Archived