Under 21 traveling by them selves

thawan

What are NCL's Age Requirements?

Company policy dictates that a passenger under 21 years of age must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years or older who expressly agrees to be responsible for the under 21 passenger throughout the cruise. This includes, but is not limited to, preventing under-age purchase or consumption of alcohol**, preventing under-age gaming activities and preventing violations of any ship's rules. Passengers must be age 21 to purchase or consume alcohol and age 18 to gamble on the ship. If the accompanying adult is not the minor's parent or legal guardian, a PARENTAL/ GUARDIAN CONSENT LETTER that authorizes the minor's travel and further authorizes medical treatment in case of an emergency must be delivered to an NCL representative at the pier. Failure to produce this letter at embarkation may result in boarding being denied, with no refund of cruise fare provided.

Please note that infants under six months of age are not eligible to travel on NCL ships.

Note: Two people under the age of 21 may travel together in the same stateroom without someone over the age of 21 in the same stateroom if they purchased the cruise under the family plan and have at least one person who is 21 years or older in the adjoining stateroom. The age limit will be waived for married couples less than 21 years of age provided proof of marriage is presented to an NCL representative at the pier.

**With the exception of Alaska and Hawaii itineraries, NCL permits guests between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty (20) to purchase and personally consume wine and beer while on NCL ships with the consent of an accompanying parent or legal guardian (Parental Consent) on the same sailing when the vessel is outside the US state territorial waters (3 miles). Complete details and the Parental Consent form are available on board at the Reception Desk.

I do not think any of the mass marketed lines allow under 21 year olds to cruise without a parent or adult accompaning them. Nita

I thought Princess and Disney allowed 18 years olds and up to book by themselves.

I do not think any of the mass marketed lines allow under 21 year olds to cruise without a parent or adult accompaning them. Nita

So...........they can go to Iraq or Afganistan to fight/die for their country, but they can't buy a ticket on a cruise ship! :eek: :confused:

Go figure...........?

Just curious......... I wonder if this so called person was in the military home on leave........would it make a difference? Curious what moron would turn them down?

So...........they can go to Iraq or Afganistan to fight/die for their country, but they can't buy a ticket on a cruise ship! :eek: :confused:

Go figure...........?

Just curious......... I wonder if this so called person was in the military home on leave........would it make a difference? Curious what moron would turn them down?

This is the same old question and many of us ask it, but yes, they would be turned down.

I guess the answer lies in "have you ever seen what cabins often look like after spring break?" enough said.

You can bring up the drinking issue as well: they can fight for us, but can't legally drink. I would get into a discussion with you on that as well, but 1-I didn't make the laws and 2-that wasn't what the op asked. She/he just wanted an answer.

Nita

I thought Princess and Disney allowed 18 years olds and up to book by themselves.

you got me there. I never think about Disney when answering these type of questions cause I guess it would dawn on me someone in that age group would be interested in Disney. As for Princess, yes, at this time they allow under 21 years olds. All the lines change policies on this and on the drinking aboard the ship for 18-21 year olds. Even I have trouble keeping up with the changes.

Thanks for catching this one.

Nita

In the past, Princess has allowed 18 - 20 year olds to travel unaccompanied. I booked two 18 year olds on Princess right after their high school graduation in May. They had a wonderful time!

But Princess' passage contract, revised last month, indicates that guests have to be over 21 or be traveling with an older person. Princess continues to say that 18 - 20 year olds can go alone, but read section five, paragraph one, sentence two:

http://www.princess.com/legal/passage.html

I'd be scared to death to book 18 - 20 year olds on board until Princess either revises this passage contract or gives me something in writing stating that they will be OK.

In the past, Princess has allowed 18 - 20 year olds to travel unaccompanied. I booked two 18 year olds on Princess right after their high school graduation in May. They had a wonderful time!

But Princess' passage contract, revised last month, indicates that guests have to be over 21 or be traveling with an older person. Princess continues to say that 18 - 20 year olds can go alone, but read section five, paragraph one, sentence two:

http://www.princess.com/legal/passage.html

I'd be scared to death to book 18 - 20 year olds on board until Princess either revises this passage contract or gives me something in writing stating that they will be OK.

AS my clients are rarely under 30 or 40, I just don't come across this very often. I thruthfully wouldn't want to book kids under 21 on any cruise. WEll I mean any cruise without a person over 21 being with them.

Nita

Carnival use to let passangers travel alone 18 and over but since has changed this awhile ago due to the fact that people can not control them selves and have caused damage to many of the rooms.

Actually, if I remember right, Carnival was one of the first lines to change their policy.

Nita

Go figure...........?

They can't rent a car either, and rightfully so.

Archived