Cozumel: Passion Island vs Delux Beach Break Playa Mia

Oville

We have been to both Playa Mia and Paradise Beach twice each and prefer Paradise Beach. Playa Mia is OK but Pardise Beach is better in our opinion. We have gone with several couples our last few trips and everyone in our group all prefer Paradise Beach.

We have been to both Playa Mia and Paradise Beach twice each and prefer Paradise Beach. Playa Mia is OK but Pardise Beach is better in our opinion. We have gone with several couples our last few trips and everyone in our group all prefer Paradise Beach.[/quote

Is Paradise Beach the same place as Passion Island? A few people have mentioned it.

Thanks to you too. We still haven't decided, and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

One question. How long does it take to get there and can you catch a taxi if you want to leave early?

Haven't been to Passion Island but Playa Mia is just gorgeous! The water was so beautiful that I wanted to bring it home to Texas :D . I'll never go to Galveston again. You can take a taxi back and forth to Playa Mia and its about 15 minutes from the port. The food is wonderful but its HOT! Wear plenty of sunscreen.

So glad to hear others agreed about the Island, and I have to agree with Twinlges post, you really have no reason to want to leave early once you get there and they do need to leave those pot holes in the road to deter others :p

MaryAnn - the "recipe" is actually just the ingredients that the chef person wrote out on a piece of paper for me, you just have to do it all to taste, but I think we are going to have to go back, because I think you need to be there, I think that is what is lacking in it, lol!! WE need the atmosphere of the island!! (and those chips and margaritas, snicker). But here is what I have for ingredients: Chopped onion, Pimienta (pepper), Cilantro, Lime juice and Aquacate (avocado). So play like Rachel Ray and just mash, chop and mix, and have fun experimenting. Kathy

Kathy:

Thanks for the ingredients and I think you are right about having to be there! We'll have fun experimenting with the recipe.

We've been to Playa Mia in July 2005 - so don't know how its changed since then. Don't remember any buffet - we paid a fee to get into the place which included drinks, chair and the rafts. We had a nice, hot day - it was crowded - the water was clear. Here's a pic of what the chairs looked like. (then)

P7150154.jpg.b4a9e07b5aa25f70600323c0676a345d.jpg

Oville,

Paradise Beach and Passion Island are not the same.I believe some friends have been to Passion Island and Paradise.I will ask them and post back. Check out link below. RC does not do a excursion booking of PB but we always just catch a cab and go there on our own.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

Oville,

Paradise Beach and Passion Island are not the same.I believe some friends have been to Passion Island and Paradise.I will ask them and post back. Check out link below. RC does not do a excursion booking of PB but we always just catch a cab and go there on our own.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

Thanks RicknVick, really appreciate your input and nice pictures. Looks like you had super weather!!!!!! What time of year were you there.

Kathryn

We've been to Playa Mia in July 2005 - so don't know how its changed since then. Don't remember any buffet - we paid a fee to get into the place which included drinks, chair and the rafts. We had a nice, hot day - it was crowded - the water was clear. Here's a pic of what the chairs looked like. (then)

Thanks for the pic and you thoughts.

Kathryn

Kathy(time2shipout)

could you please post that recipe for the

guacamole you got at passion island?

thanks!

Rosebud1g - I posted the ingredients (see above). It wasn't really a recipe per se, the person there at the buffet, wrote everything down for me in Spanish, so we just have to "wing it" and experiment. I did say the one missing ingredient was we probably just needed to be there :D Whatever proportions they used though, it sure was excellent! It really was the best I have ever had in all our travels.........Kathy

:) :) We did the Playa Mia Beach Break last week and it was awesome! You get a cab right outside of the terminal, it cost $14 one way for about a 10-15 minute trip. All non motorized water sports and drinks are included. The beach is beautiful, the water is clear. There is a pool, lounge chairs, tables, ping pong, volley ball. We rented one waverunner which cost $110 for the hour. You take it out on your own and explore as long as you stay between the 2 bouys. We ordered lunch which cost $16. We didn't do the buffet, our lunch was great. It is self guided so you don't have to stay with a group or anything like that. I cannot recommend it enough. Enjoy your cruise!:) :)

We did the Deluxe Playa Maya Beach Break through the cruiseline this past December. We rode on nice big air conditioned buses to and from Playa Maya. As others have said, the buffet was not outstanding, but it was good enough, and the beach was crowded. Everything was included in our price (beverages -- including alcohol, soda, bottled water), buffet, kayaks, paddle boats, climbing on the iceberg and the water trampoline, beach umbrellas, loungers, etc.). The waiters on the beach did a great job of making sure we always had drinks. Our boys, who were 11 and 14 at the time, really enjoyed the day -- and we're happy if they're happy!

Archived