Barcelona-Miami Nov/December

rofur1966

Hello there.

I am going with Regatta from Barcelona to Miami in November 07. Have never been to miami before so i am not sure what is woth spending my time on while there. We will be in miami for 2.5 days. I hate laying on a beach, so that is out of the question.

I am also wondering what price level the hotels operate on??

Me and my partner likes museums, botanical gardens and historical sites

Hope to hear from you

Ronny

:p

Hello Sammy, Its me Ronny and Jan Ole from bergen, we met last winter on the cruise from Lisabon to Rio

I was told by Erik and Hans that you were going on the same cruise as we

Great, i am looking forward to seeing you again. This would be great

Here in Bergen we have had a horrible July month, too much rain, and it seems like there is no endings when it comes to weather records, eighter itss extremely dry, and then wet, too warm, and too cold, you should be glad youre not in Norway/ Bergen right now

Well, this was just a short notice from us

You can reach us at

ronnyfn@online.no

Big hugs from both of us

If you have never seen the game, going to the miami jai alai fronton can be fun. They actually have a decent place to eat there.

For gardens, Fairchild Tropical Botanitcal Gardens is clearly the beest in South Florida. there is another botanical gardens on Miami Beach (right by the Convention Center). I don't think it is worth the trip, but if you are wandering around Miami Beach for other reasons (the people watching on South Beach is always intersting), it's worth a stroll.

Museums in Miami are quite weak. Probably the best is the Lowe (wide ranging art museum at the University of Miami. The Contemory Art Museum is small and, imho, very strangely currated. The Historical Museum is not worth the trip but it is really the only historical museum in South Florida.

I used to live there.. it always felt like a vast cultural wasteland.

Paul

I live in Florida, and don't find much of interest in Miami since I am also not a beach person. Fairchild Tropical Gardens, as someone already mentioned, is a main attraction. There aren't many "historical" sites, and museums are definitely weak. They do have a great new performing arts center called the Carnival Center for the Performing Arts. You might want to check into their schedule to see if there are any shows you might enjoy.

I live in Florida, and don't find much of interest in Miami since I am also not a beach person. Fairchild Tropical Gardens, as someone already mentioned, is a main attraction. There aren't many "historical" sites, and museums are definitely weak. They do have a great new performing arts center called the Carnival Center for the Performing Arts. You might want to check into their schedule to see if there are any shows you might enjoy.

You don't find Little Haiti an engaging historical site? <grin>

Paul (ex-miamian)

If you have never seen the game, going to the miami jai alai fronton can be fun. They actually have a decent place to eat there.

For gardens, Fairchild Tropical Botanitcal Gardens is clearly the beest in South Florida. there is another botanical gardens on Miami Beach (right by the Convention Center). I don't think it is worth the trip, but if you are wandering around Miami Beach for other reasons (the people watching on South Beach is always intersting), it's worth a stroll.

Museums in Miami are quite weak. Probably the best is the Lowe (wide ranging art museum at the University of Miami. The Contemory Art Museum is small and, imho, very strangely currated. The Historical Museum is not worth the trip but it is really the only historical museum in South Florida.

I used to live there.. it always felt like a vast cultural wasteland.

Paul

Ronny here. Yhank you alot, i think i will buy myself a guidebook and search on internett. The gardens faichild i will defenitely concider. And peoplewatching, yesi i do that alot, everywhere LOL

I was told by Erik and Hans that you were going on the same cruise as we...

Anyone know if Erik and Hans will be on the November 2007 transatlantic from Barcelona to Miami with us? We met them back in 2005 when we sailed from Lisbon to Miami....very nice guys!

Anyone know if Erik and Hans will be on the November 2007 transatlantic from Barcelona to Miami with us? We met them back in 2005 when we sailed from Lisbon to Miami....very nice guys!

Gary, Erik and Hans will be on Seabourn:mad:

Gary, Erik and Hans will be on Seabourn:mad:

Seabourn?!?! Can those tiny things even cross the ocean without sinking?

Just kidding...I am greatly jealous. Ian and I have been wanting to give Seabourn a try for quite some time.

Sorry to hear they won't be joining us onboard Regatta, though! Glad that you'll be there again, Sammie! Ian and I loved chatting with you during the 2005 crossing!

See you in a few months!

Seabourn?!?! Can those tiny things even cross the ocean without sinking?

Just kidding...I am greatly jealous. Ian and I have been wanting to give Seabourn a try for quite some time.

Sorry to hear they won't be joining us onboard Regatta, though! Glad that you'll be there again, Sammie! Ian and I loved chatting with you during the 2005 crossing!

See you in a few months!

I have my best friends Ed and Jim who will be on the TA with us......They are from AZ.....can't wait for you and Ian to meet them....Also met Ronny and Jan with Erik and Hans on TA to Rio last year......Believe it or not I have not sailed Seabourn.......We must try them......JOe and Ivan will be with us too.....Looking forward to seeing everyone again......sk

sorry but they decided not to join us, even thou we tried hard to persuade them

Hopefully next time they will joine us

Best reagrds Ronny and Jan

Archived