Flip Flops in the dining room

lmurf

I'm admittedly generalizing a bit here, and there are certainly exceptions, but guys just don't care that much about shoes. We'll compliment our SO's shoes, if we think it'll make her happy, and we'll wear some nice shoes ourselves, if we think it'll make her happy. :o

• 3 weeks later...

I have "reefs" that I bought for $52.00

I have "crocs: that I bought for $39.00

I have a pair of "Docksider GoldToe Fisherman sandals " with 14k gold eyelets, so they don't rust, $129.00

They are all casual shoes, look great on the beach, poolside or fishing, maybe even the movies or Applebees!

But they are still Flip Flops, and as such should not be worn to a formal dinner,

maybe at the ripe old age of 40 i am oldfashioned but I believe you take your cue from your host, and I sure hope I don't see the Captain Flippin & Floppin thru the dining room!

I have all kinds of fancy flip flops -- wedges, heels, beads, jewels, patent leather. What's the difference between a heeled slide and a wedged/heeled dressy flip flop? Nothing except one has a toe separater and one doesn't. The cheap rubberized thingys are pool wear -- my navy husband calls them "shower shoes." They are what you wear in the shower so as not to get athlete's foot, and are not appropriate for even casual dining nights, imo. The fancy, all be they not expensive, ones are perfect.

Can you provide a URL for SAS shoes please. I googled "SAS Shoes" but came up with nothing helpful. Thanks! I'd love some really comfy shoes besides my Crocs (which I love).

I wear SAS walking shoes and sandals. I live in them.

Here's the company's web site:

http://www.sasshoes.com/

If you live or go anywhere near Las Vegas, they have an outlet store there, and the prices are about 25% cheaper. They have semi-annual sales where they will ship them to you free. What I suggest is you go to the store locator on the web site, try them on, then call the Las Vegas store and ask what their price is, including shipping:

Sas Shoes, 3945 S Maryland Pkwy Ste B, Las Vegas, NV 89119

(702) 369-9291

3945 S Maryland Pkwy Ste B, Las Vegas, NV 89119

Archived