US Airways Boarding Question.

UpstateCruizer

I printed our boarding passes for tomorrow's flight for dh and I. This is a crazy question but it struck me as odd so perhaps I don't know much about US Air's boarding proceedures. He boards with a Zone 6 and I board with a Zone 4. We are sitting side by side so my first thought was that since he's not registered with their fruent flyer program maybe that's it? Then I wondered if US Air boards passengers based on their seats giving those in window seats a chance to get into their seats before boarding aisle seats? I know I'm giving this way too much thought but I am curious since I've never flown US Air before. And yes I am still praying this Travelocity schedule goes off without anything major happening ;)

US Air boards passengers according to their seat location. It does kind of save some time to board the window seats first then the middle and aisle. It saves a lot of moving around and stepping aside to give a fellow passenger his proper seat.

Since you are traveling together, I'd just board the plane together.

Were your tickets under different reservation numbers? Sometimes that can explain why you're given different boarding zones, the computer thinks you're solo travelers and you don't need to board together.

At worse, it's a momentary separation and nothing big. Just be sure to give whomever is boarding first the big carry-on luggage so it can get stowed immediately.

Since you are traveling together, I'd just board the plane together.

Were your tickets under different reservation numbers? Sometimes that can explain why you're given different boarding zones, the computer thinks you're solo travelers and you don't need to board together.

At worse, it's a momentary separation and nothing big. Just be sure to give whomever is boarding first the big carry-on luggage so it can get stowed immediately.

Travelocity gave us two different ticket numbers but only one confirmation number. I don't mind boarding seperately from him but will more than likely just wait til zone 6 is called and go together. We only bring one carry on and it tucks under the seat nicely. After all the missing luggage and delayed flight stories I've been reading this will be the last time we check everything. I don't like dragging luggage around the airport but I don't like wearing the same clothes for days either ;) I do cross pack so hopefully that will help.

I believe the both of you will be able to board when 4, the lower number assigned to your group, is called.

Past March, my nephew and his family (total of 4) visited and, when I saw them off at the U.S. Air gate at ORD, the gate agent said that for any groups holding mixed boarding numbers, everyone in the group could board together when the lower number was called. Yes, the four of them held a mixed bag of numbers ... and they all schlepped on at the same time when the lowest number was called for boarding. Hope that still is the practice.

Archived