Staff Hiring/Training

Leo Jay

Does anyone know whether steward/waitstaff hiring and training is centralized or whether individual ships/captains/pursers do their own hiring?

I'm just curious because certain ships' staffs seem to have reputations as being somewhat inefficient and/or unfriendly, but that doesn't generally seem to be the norm for Carnival staff and fortunately hasn't been our experience.

So, if anyone knows... Thanks.

hi jay

carnival training is all set upon a standard, they have many colleges that certain departments have to attend- in the event of a college not being present- crew members are trained onboard to the standard set by the company.

I think evryone does an awesome job and ofcourse everyone is allowed to have a bad day- its human nature

Does anyone know whether steward/waitstaff hiring and training is centralized or whether individual ships/captains/pursers do their own hiring?

I'm just curious because certain ships' staffs seem to have reputations as being somewhat inefficient and/or unfriendly, but that doesn't generally seem to be the norm for Carnival staff and fortunately hasn't been our experience.

So, if anyone knows... Thanks.

My son is a managing bartender on a gambling ship in Canaveral and several cruise lines are wooing him. According to him, he would have to attend a few weeks of classes to learn the cruise line's rules and regs and then they would place him on a ship. His contract with the gambling ship runs out soon and he is seriously considering it.

It's just like anywhere else you work. Certain companies have an attitude thing that permeates all levels sooner or later. Sometimes one person with a bad attitude can spoil the whole lot, especially if that person is a leader of some kind.

Archived