Cruising is a great value

mason525

Hi- wanted to post this as part of the "How Perfect" thread but it's locked & this is actually a bit off that topic. (BTW, Dr. Fun, you always make me laugh-thanks for a wonderful perspective.)

I was to sail on Millie's 7/12 sailing with 5 others. Because I was already in Europe when the cancellation came & the others had non refundable air & were so excited about their 1st trip to Europe, we went ahead & toured on land. Had a wonderful time but found we could not come close to matching the quality of hotel rooms & dining for the same $$ we paid for our cruise.

Celebrity offers a great product for the money. It clearly is not "top dollar" compared what you'd have to spend on land. Plus when you throw in transportation, a ship is a bargain!

Meg

Hi Meg -

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time in Europe (and still have a Med cruise to look forward to next year!) I wondered where your land travels took you to? Did you have difficulty finding accommodation on such short notice?

We've done both land trips and a cruise to Europe .... the Millennium Med cruise was my favourite of all of our trips there, but I enjoyed the land trips as well as we were able to go to places that we would not have seen via a cruise ship, and it gave us a chance to stay longer in one place. I do agree that cruising is good value and the convenience can't be beat!

Archived