Where are all the Maasdam Cruisers?

hi-c

:confused: Is it true there haven't been any postings for Maasdam cruisers for months? Am I doing something wrong or is there another site for roll calls? I'd love to hear from someone!! Hi-C :)

:confused: Is it true there haven't been any postings for Maasdam cruisers for months? Am I doing something wrong or is there another site for roll calls? I'd love to hear from someone!! Hi-C :)

As active as the HAL board is, you would think they would join roll calls, but they don't. All of my Celebrity cruises have large, active roll calls and my HAL cruises are pretty lame. Zero takers on our New Year's roll call for the Maasdam.

I think it's the demographics and the fact that Celebrity has it's "Connections" party for all roll call people of Cruise Critic.

We still like HAL, but we have never had a really successful roll call in six cruises.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

I am sailing with Celebrity on 2 Dec.2007 and on the Maasdam on the 19th Dec. On the Millie we have 79 singed up on the Roll Call and well over one thousand posts.

On the MAASDAM there are three people and 16 posts, 10 of which are me. !! This is a Caribbean Christmas cruise, so should have a mix of people and ages to help posting.

I am also going on the Rotterdam in 2 weeks, and there are about 70 posts, again mostly mine. My attempts to get people to post or just all get together have fallen on deaf ears.

I do not know why this is, but it always seems to work out this way around. I do not think the fact that Celebrity gives you a room, a few biscuits and a cup of coffee makes that much difference.

All my Celebrity cruises had active , lively Roll Calls and members made friends long before the cruise by POSTING .

:) Thanks for your responses. We are sailing on the Maasdam on November 9th. (10 day Southern Caribbean )

This wil be our second cruise on this ship. It's such a lovely vessel.We usually sail on the huge Voyager-class ships, but when we are looking for a more quiet relaxing time we've found that Holland America is a " good fit". The food is great and the beds are sooo comfortable.

If anyone has any questions about the Maasdam...I'll try to help.

Happy Sailing everyone....Hi-C :)

• 3 weeks later...

I agree on the non HAL feedback, but I am unaware of a HAL board. Do they have one on their sight? A good roll call would be nice, being that I am on a first time route and want to know fun stuff for the kiddies.

My husband and I are on the Maasdam sailing 01/05/08. We sailed on the ship to New England and Canada and agree it is a good ship. We will be flying from Michigan and staying overnight in Ft. Lauderdale before boarding for the cruise. Any suggestions for a hotel?

I agree on the non HAL feedback, but I am unaware of a HAL board. Do they have one on their sight? A good roll call would be nice, being that I am on a first time route and want to know fun stuff for the kiddies.

Dadzee,

This is the general HAL board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=171

As you can see, this board (above) is pretty active, but the roll call boards for specific cruises does not seem to get the same activity.

Enjoy!

Kel

My husband and I are on the Maasdam sailing 01/05/08. We sailed on the ship to New England and Canada and agree it is a good ship. We will be flying from Michigan and staying overnight in Ft. Lauderdale before boarding for the cruise. Any suggestions for a hotel?

mullr,

We usually use Priceline, Hotwire, or EasyClick for hotels. Try to stick to 3 or 4 star hotels. Hotwire is offering a 4 1/2 star hotel in Hollywood, Fl for $159 + tax for your dates. Hollywood is ten minutes south of the port and airport.

Good luck!

Kel

We will be on the last portion of Voyage of the vilings on Maasdamm July 22

2008. We are boarding in rotterdam and the disembarcation is in Boston. We have been on the Maasdam before on a Canada New England cruise.This is a long way off but anticipation is part of the journey.

:confused: Is it true there haven't been any postings for Maasdam cruisers for months? Am I doing something wrong or is there another site for roll calls? I'd love to hear from someone!! Hi-C :)[/quote

Hi There...My Husband and I are on the Maasdam cruise on October 6th from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale..We live on Cape Cod and will be flying into Montreal the day before...This will be our first cruise on the Maasdam...

We are celebrating our 50th Wedding anniversary....I also do not know what I am doing on this site...........Hope you get this message Shirl's Pearls

Hi Shirl's Pearls,

I did read your posting.

Congratulations on your anniversary and choosing to sail on the Maasdam.

It's a beautiful ship and I'm certain you will have a lovely cruise.

Happy Sailing....Kim..a.k.a. Hi-C

• 3 weeks later...

Are you going on the Maasdam 01/08/08 cruise because it is a Jazz cruise? My husband is a Jazz fan and that is why we are going on that cruise. Also we are from Michigan and it will be good to get out of the snow and cold for 10 days.

Are you going on the Maasdam 01/08/08 cruise because it is a Jazz cruise? My husband is a Jazz fan and that is why we are going on that cruise. Also we are from Michigan and it will be good to get out of the snow and cold for 10 days.

Yes, we are both Jazz fans and thought this would be a great way to holiday. We are looking forward to sailing on the Maasdam as well, we are starting to lean toward the smaller ships for cruising.

We live about an hour from Toronto, so are 'almost' neighbours.:)

Helen

• 1 month later...

We are sailing on the Maasdam on March 5th out of Ft.Lauderdale. This is our first cruise with HAL. We have sailed on Carnival, Norweigen and Princess. We had thought we would be going on the Emerald Princess but this one had a special so we jumped on it. Looking forward to all the advice and tips on this board.

Hi Welsh Wizard! We are on the Maasdam on Dec 19 as well Booked in the last two weeks so scrambling to get things together!! I posted recently on our board. There are 5 of us - DH, myself and 12, 14 y.o. daughters and 16 y.o. son. Looking forward to our second Christmas cruise!

Hi Fuzzywuzzy! I remember you from the Princess boards! You will love Holland as well I hope! Best wishes for a great trip! Don't know which ship you are on, but we were on the Zaandam 1 1/2 years ago and loved it!!

Hi Welsh Wizard! We are on the Maasdam on Dec 19 as well Booked in the last two weeks so scrambling to get things together!! I posted recently on our board. There are 5 of us - DH, myself and 12, 14 y.o. daughters and 16 y.o. son. Looking forward to our second Christmas cruise!

Hi Fuzzywuzzy! I remember you from the Princess boards! You will love Holland as well I hope! Best wishes for a great trip! Don't know which ship you are on, but we were on the Zaandam 1 1/2 years ago and loved it!!

Hi Richnorto: Yes, I was on the Princess boards when we took our last cruise which is a couple of years ago now. And before that on the Norwegian boards. It's great to be back with all the wonderful cruisers as we prepare for our spring cruise on the Maasdam. I see that this ship is a smaller ship from the Princess Star which was our last cruise ship. Have a great Christmas cruise. I would love to do that with our children some day when everybody can get the time off, afford it, etc.

:) Thanks for your responses. We are sailing on the Maasdam on November 9th. (10 day Southern Caribbean )

This wil be our second cruise on this ship. It's such a lovely vessel.We usually sail on the huge Voyager-class ships, but when we are looking for a more quiet relaxing time we've found that Holland America is a " good fit". The food is great and the beds are sooo comfortable.

If anyone has any questions about the Maasdam...I'll try to help.

Happy Sailing everyone....Hi-C :)

We hope you had a GREAT time on the HAL cruise. We're sailing on the Maasdam on next Thursday for the 10 day So. Carribean cruise. Which nights are formal nights? Which day is the wine tasting? Any tips for us??

Thanks!

Archived