Seattle Parking

bobbie_81348

http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/parkingandtransportation.shtml

If you are traveling to the cruise terminal in August you must be aware of the tremendous traffic problem we will be having during August due to three lanes of I-5 North bound being shut down for repair. Back ups are expected all the way to Tacoma. Because of this, Hwy 99 will be used as an alternate route and that will become extremly congested as well. So if you have a distance to travel to the cruise terminal you need to be prepared for allocating enough time for traffic. The best bet is to stay downtown the night before.

Thanks for that info. We will be coming into town on Saturday Sept. 1. Do they expect the construction work to be finsihed on time, if so we should be ok, shouldn't we?

do you know if a $100 is the regular cruise parking rate for a week if you pay at the lot?

The price of $100 sounds reasonable. We are paying $120 to park our car at a parking garage in Vancouver. Have been reading about the parking prices for a space oin New York? The same is happening here in Seattle.

The contractors are supposed to be done by the end of August. If they are not then they will pay a hefty 100K a day penalty.

Here is some news on the I-5 work.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_080207_I5_traffic_crunch_presser_SW.d68fb531.html

I have checked about parking at the terminal. I can pay on line for the parking and it would be $100 for the week. Is that the same price as if you just drove to the parking lot without prepaying? Thanks for the info

If you book online, there is a $2 processing fee, making it $100. If you pay at the garage, it's $98.

Archived