Pickup time from port after debarkation?

scrapper4

They let you off as soon as customs clears the ship.

Last time they started getting off around 7:30 a.m. and you must be out of your room by 9:00 a.m.

I think I would tell them 8:30 so you can have a leisurely debarkation and still be to the airport with plenty of time to go through security and check in. You should even have time for lunch at the airport before your flight.

They do like to get everyone off as soon as possible so they can clean the ship and get it ready for the next set of guests to come on board.

mom x4,grandma x4

Who gets to leave the ship first? How do they call names, decks, etc.? Is it based on flight time? Our flight doesn't leave until 3:25, but I think we want to go to Gatorland...do you think we'll have enough time to get off the ship, rent a car, and drive the hour to Gatorland and still have time to see it? Thanks all!

No calling decks or colors on DCL. Just line up and when the ship is cleared you can walk off.

Sometimes the first 10 minutes the atrium is very crowded but after 10 minutes it has cleared out and you can just walk off and grab your luggage, walk through customs and your done

Even when we have waited in the first bunch to get off,once they announced the ship was cleared we were at our car in 15 minutes.

If you get off when it is first cleared then grab a shuttle to the car agency you should be able to be at Gatorland by 9:30 to 10:00 a.m.

It just depends on how soon they clear the ship. usually this is done by 7:30.

You can see Gatorland in 4 hours easily. The shows are only 15 to 20 minutes long and the rest you walk at your own pace to see.

One tip to save you time there, dont waste your time riding the train. it is a short ride, it goes very slow so it does take a few minutes to do and you wont see anything different than you will see walking through the park.

If you run short on time and have to choose between shows, the 2 best shows are the Gator Wrestling show and the Jumparoo show. They are the must see shows. save room in your carry on for a souvenir too, they have an awesome gift shop!!

I will warn you that some of it is being rebuilt right now so it doesnt have the awesome entrance it use to have, a bad fire destroyed the front of the building last year but none of the exhibits were touched.

Have fun!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Disney does debarkation quite nicely. If you have early dinner seating, you have early breakfast, 6:45 I think. If you have late dining, you have breakfast at 7:45. We ate breakfast, walked right off the ship, grabbed our luggage, went through customs and were in our rental car down the road by 9:00 am. You don't have to have breakfast, you can just walk off also. It was quite easy! (Even though we were very sad we had to get off!):)

Archived