Security on Carnival ships

pugsammy

Hi all....First, thanks for all the great information I've taken from this board!

This will be our first cruise on Carnival. We will be traveling with 2 teenage boys (age 20). On our past cruises with RC, the boys would spend most of their nights up on the pool deck with other cruisers their age just hanging out or in the jacuzzi. We as parents were comfortable with that, for RC always had security personell on the pool deck at night. Does Carnival do the same??

Thanks again!!!

I think it's like anything else...there's good ones and bad ones. On my first trip there were kids hanging out late on the lido and we stumbled onto them randomly TWICE throwing plates off the back of the ship like frisbees. They looked like they'd been there a while. :(

The next trip seemed better. There were a few singles groups and there were a couple really wild ones in the group lol....They were quite amusing but sometimes really pushing it! Rumor was the one ended up in the ship jail. Anyway, we thought security handled the situations we got to see with no complaints. :)

Last trip I spent A LOT of time in the club. Got to see security in action many times in there and then in all the wee hours after it closed. :)

Hi all....First, thanks for all the great information I've taken from this board!

This will be our first cruise on Carnival. We will be traveling with 2 teenage boys (age 20). On our past cruises with RC, the boys would spend most of their nights up on the pool deck with other cruisers their age just hanging out or in the jacuzzi. We as parents were comfortable with that, for RC always had security personell on the pool deck at night. Does Carnival do the same??

Thanks again!!!

The Lido is much less crowded after dark making security more visible, but security is always on duty topside.

If your boys are twenty, how can they be teenagers? :confused:

The Lido is much less crowded after dark making security more visible, but security is always on duty topside.

If your boys are twenty, how can they be teenagers? :confused:

I still think of them as teenagers....sorry!;)

On our past cruises with RC, the boys would spend most of their nights up on the pool deck with other cruisers their age just hanging out or in the jacuzzi.

My experience is that all the pools and jacuzzi's on CCL are closed after dark so they won't be hanging out there. As others have noted, Lido deck is pretty deserted in the evenings (maybe thus the recurring "Newly Wed Game" responses of "whoppee" on the Lido deck after dark??) and I've never seen much in the way of crew (or security) in those areas.

My experience is that all the pools and jacuzzi's on CCL are closed after dark so they won't be hanging out there. As others have noted, Lido deck is pretty deserted in the evenings (maybe thus the recurring "Newly Wed Game" responses of "whoppee" on the Lido deck after dark??) and I've never seen much in the way of crew (or security) in those areas.

I've never noticed this at all - perhaps they close around 10 PM, but I've seen people in the pools and hot tubs well after dark on every cruise I've been on.

Well I tell ya what. We are aon the ship for a good time, so as long as someone is not being a danger to themselves or others, or is not being offensive, I could care less.

I am a Deputy Sheriff, and will have full awareness of those around me. I will advise them to stop if they are acting in a dangerous manner.

Other than that--relax and have a good time.

I just got off the Miracle and the pools and hot tubs closed fairly early. I think the latest one was open til 10pm. They actually put nets across them, etc. I did not notice any security people around, but I was not out on the decks after 10pm, so I can't really say...........

Archived