Hotels with Parking

We are driving to Vancouver for our cruisetour next summer. Can you suggest a hotel or motel near Vancouver Airport where we could spend one night and also leave our car there for 13 days? We will take a taxi to the pier from the hotel. It doesn't have to be fancy just a clean place to sleep.

Gosh, I would like to know the same thing. We are doing the RT from Vancouver to Hawaii in April 08 and we are driving to Vancouver and would like to leave the car at the hotel while we are on the cruise.

I haven't seen too much info on this for Vancouver. However, we stayed at The Hotel Galveston when we went on a Panama Canal cruise and we were able to leave the car at the hotel parking garage for 2 weeks with no charge as long as were stayed at the hotel for a night. That was a great deal!

We were talking one of our friends in the Vancouver hotel industry the other day and he was telling us about the Accent Inn Airport. Apparently it is a nice hotel/motel. They offer a Cruise n' Park deal, stay one night and park for up to 25 days, I am not sure how many nights come free with the room though? It also includes a shuttle to both cruise terminals. It might be too early to book that package for next Summer, but its a nice place and sounded like a really good deal.

I didn't see that deal listed on the website, maybe because this summer's cruise season is coming to an end in a few weeks. It might be worth giving them a call if you are interested.

Here is a link to the website.

http://www.accentinns.com/locations/airport.htm

The Accent Airport Inn located in Richmond BC is right off the 99 freeway (the Interstate 5 becomes the 99 once you cross the border into Canada) and the Accent would be at the 8th exit after you leave the border. The downside to this is that you are still a big 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver and all the main tourist attractions.

I do not know of any downtown hotels/motels that offer free parking - it generally is charged out at the rate of approximately $20. per day.

There is cruise ship long term parking for approx $79. per week.

Hope this helps you.

Some airport vicinity hotels to consider:

Holiday Inn Express

- They have a cruise ship package that includes 1 night accommodation; 2 transfers to cruise ship terminal, continental breakfast; + free parking for 7 days (I'd assume you can purchase extra days at a nominal charge).

Comfort Inn

- Cruise Ship package: Accommodation; continental breakfast; 7 days free parking; free transfer to port

Hampton Inn

- Packages available:

Cruise Ship Pkge - accommodation, breakfast buffet, + free transfer to port

Park 'n Fly - that includes 2 weeks free parking

I don't know if these are combinable or if you can make a special deal for nominal parking charges on the cruise ship package.

There may be others, but these are the ones I found on a quick search.

I found Travelodge Vancouver Airport that has a Park & Fly Package for $139.99 which includes room for one night and 7 days parking. Additional parking is $5.00 daily. It also has an indoor swimming pool and hot tub.

• 11 months later...

We stayed at the Accent Inn and we had friends stay nearby at the Holiday Inn and we all had parking for the week included in our one night stay with some shuttle vouchers too. We are all very happy we stayed outside of Vancouver and let the shuttle take us to the cruise ship. The motel was simple to find (just off the freeway). The ease of not having to figure out where we were going in Vancouver was so worth it and not having to deal with our luggage once we were on the shuttle too, was a great benefit. It also saved us a few dollars versus parking across from the ship for a week.

I highly recommend the Delta Airport. They have a Bon Voyage rate with up to 14 days parking. The hotel entrance is a little tricky to find, but that is one of the reasons that I like to leave my car there. The property seems separate enough that a casual car thief probably wouldn't go there.

http://www.deltahotels.com/hotels/hotels.php?hotelId=9

Viv

Archived