Resurrection Bay tour Seward

joeysmom

We are schuduled for a wildlife cruise on Resurrection Bay as part of our tour with RCCL. SHould we see shales on this tour? Has anyone done this with RCCL? Time is well planned in all the rest of our stops but should I be considering a whale watching tour such as Capt Larry or something out of Hoonah. The only ship tours we are doing are the ones that are part of the the cruisetour. All the rest have been booked independant - floatplane in Ketchikan, car in Skagway, Mendenhall in Juneau, Heli-hike and rafting in Denali and Hoonah is a relaxing "enjoy the scenery" stop. If I need to add a whale watching, Hoonah would be preferable since it's not a packed day but would just as soon leave things the way they are. But if Resurrection Bay is not a good whale spot then I probably should add it in.

Please offer advice.

Sue

If it is just the "bay" tour then you aren't likely to see whales. Inquire exactly what this tour is??? The time will tell you- if 3 hours then the above, if 6 hours- then possible whale sightings but most of all a better tour. Kenai Fjords boat trips offer varied wildlife where out of Juneau they are "whale watching". I have gone on many Kenai fjords trips- always the long boat tours and have on occasion NOT seen whales and never for as extensively as the Auke bay Juneau trips. Sea lions are almost a given on the long trips out of Seward.

Archived