Duty Free Shops Vancouver Island

tejmar

Our Hawaiian cruise starts in Vancouver, BC and then to Victoria. How does the Duty Free shops work on a cruise of this sort? If we buy something in the shops do we have to wait until the entire cruise is over like you do on Caribbean Cruises or can you get your stuff when you reach Hawaii? I guess the first question should have been are there Duty Free Shops in Victoria?

I'm guessing - are you talking about alcohol?

All items, except alcohol, that you buy on the ship in the duty free shops you can take back to your cabin. Alcohol you get the last evening of the cruise.

So, if you buy alcohol in Victoria, the cruise ship will hold it till the end of the cruise.

The cruise starts in Vancouver and the first stop is Victoria on Vancouver Island. We won't have any time in Vancouver to shop, but we will have a day in Victoria. I wasn't talking about alcohol. My wife wants to buy some perfume at a duty free shop in Victoria if there is one and she was wondering if she would be able to use for the rest of the cruise. I know that when you buy in the duty free shops in Niagra Falls, Canada they give it to you as you are leaving. We were just wondering how it worked for this cruise since it primarily in U.S. ports. As far as alcohol is concerned, we plan on buying some wine in Victoria (not duty free)to use in our cabin since this is permissable with HAL.

Archived