Shore Excursions

Pennysue

As a new Princess cruiser, I have a question about shore excursions. Do Princess send a brochure about those on your cruise or are they only on line?

Thanks.

Pennysue.

You should receive a book with all the tours for your cruise on.

You will receive your shore X book with your pre-cruise documents. They will normally arrive about 75 days prior to your sailing. Included with this will be your luggage tags for the cruise. But before they arrive, you can view and book tentative shore excursions online, especially if there is something you just don't want to miss. Then up to 5 days before your cruise, before the Personalizer is locked, you can change, delete or add to the excursions online.

Also if you decided after the xcursions are booked and you board the ship that you don't want to go on it after all; you can cancel at the shore excursion desk. This has to be done about 24 hours before the excursion takes place. What you find in the book is the same thing you find in their web site. Princess will not charge you for the shore excursions until you have boarded the ship. If you cancel when on board the ship before the deadline for that particular excursion then your shipboard account is credited for the amount you were charged.

You will receive your shore X book with your pre-cruise documents. They will normally arrive about 75 days prior to your sailing.... But before they arrive, you can view and book tentative shore excursions online.

We just booked the Grand for the western carribbean, leaving 11/24/07. I looked online, but the excursions listed "expire" on Oct 21, and there are no prices listed anyway. On the Personalizer, the shore excursions say "not available":confused:

We just booked the Grand for the western carribbean, leaving 11/24/07. I looked online, but the excursions listed "expire" on Oct 21, and there are no prices listed anyway. On the Personalizer, the shore excursions say "not available":confused:

Keep checking every few days - they should open soon from inside the Personalizer.

I keep looking online for our excursions to be available too, but they are not. :( We are on the CB for the December 23rd sailing. Does anyone know if the number/type of excursions offered in December vary from what is offered thr rest of the year? It really didnt seem like there was that much being offered at Princess Cays...other than beach lounging or snorkeling. I hope I am wrong. :rolleyes:

I'm on the 10/27 Crown sailing and I've called several times, being told that the excursions will be there in "1 week", call after call. I escalated to Cust.Relations twice and they said that they haven't finished negotiations

with all of the vendors. I was told to check in "1 week", but not to expect anything before 75 days.

A couple of years ago we were on a holiday cruise and received the email in September from Princess saying online excursions for our cruise were available. But when several of us went online to book our selected excursions, we got the "not available" message. Even called the 800 number and the CSR said to keep checking every week (she didn't have a clue). But by the next day, we were able to book online. I guess enough people called to complain.

Just be prepared to book from 90 days on, but also realize it may be more around 70 days or so.

As a new Princess cruiser, I have a question about shore excursions. Do Princess send a brochure about those on your cruise or are they only on line?

Thanks.

Pennysue.

You don't say whereabouts you are cruising. If you are doing the Caribbean an alternative is to make up a foursome ( or more if you wish ) and get a taxi outside the port. Make a list of where you want to go and agree a price before you set off. Don't forget that you must get back 1/2 hour before sailing time. You will also save yourself some mooney.

• 2 weeks later...

After the excursions are available online, will Princess automatically send you a brochure as well?

How late can you wait to book before they fill up? A week before leaving? A month? I'm looking for a ballpark figure here--I know that there's no hard and fast rule, but I also know that if you wait until you're onboard, you may not get what you want.

Ddgg - yes, Princess will still send you a book. We had all our excursions booked months before and still received a book with our docs.

As for a ball park figure for when excursions fill up, that's really hard to say. Some excursions fill instantly (we did the BI cruise and the Edinburgh Tattoo excursion filled extremely rapidly, but the tour desk was taking cancellations and had a waiting list for folks.). Some excursions you'd think would fill fast, but never seem to. Probably the more expensive excursions fill more slowly, but you can never tell. The best thing to do is have a back up plan just in case.

You can wait to get on board, but I wouldn't reccommend it if there is something you really want to do. The tour desk will let you know what is still available and you can cancel booked tours (24 hour notice on our cruise) and replace them with something else.

Have a great cruise!

Charlie

Archived