Queen's schedule

sej67

Does anyone know when the queen goes on vacation? I'll be in London in mid August and would like to see the inside of Buckingham Palace. Later in August I'll be in Balmoral, and would like to see that as well. And can you tour Windsor or Kensington Palaces? Have I left any out?

You can tour them all in August except Balmoral. Buckingham Palace has a new exhibition this year of the Queens wedding dress and some of the presents from different countries. Never seen any reports on it yet though. Windsor Castle is open all the year round except when official occaisions are taking place as is Kensington Palace.

Balmoral is closed to the public during August, September and October when the Queen and Royal family are in residence.

You have missed out Hampton Court Palace (no longer a Royal residence) which is World famous for its part it played in history and Kew Palace (also no longer a Royal residence) which is in the grounds of Kew Gardens and has just been restored to its original glory. Kew Gardens is well worth a visit if your interested in gardening and horticulture.

These should keep you busy for a few hours.

All the London locations are easily accessable by public transport.

Jimmy

Hi

Buckingham Palace is currently open for tours and will be open until the end of September 2007. You enter on timed tickets and tour with an audio tour. You can book ahead of time on this website - www.royalcollection.org.uk This website also has information about visiting Windsor Castle and Clarence House (home to Prince of Wales). Windsor Castle and Windsor and Eton are an easy day or half day trip from London by train.

Kensington Palace is open daily from 10 to 6. More information about visiting this Palace and other historical palaces such as Hampton Court Palace (home to the tudors and my favourite) is found at www.hrp.org.uk

If you go to Kensington Palace I recommend visiting the Orangery for afternoon tea or a light lunch.

Balmoral castle is closed to visitors during August, September and October because the Royal family is in residence.

Archived