February Weather

We went to Cozumel on a 4 day February 2007 and it was okay...the first sea day was warm, but very windy and sun came and went. The day we were in Cozumel it was warm, started off sunny - then had some showers, then the sun came out again, but it was still a little overcast. Our last sea day was cold and it rained.

But I've heard others say that it is usually very nice.....you never know when it comes to weather!:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I cruised with kids in Jan. It was chilly at times nothing wrong with shorts and a jacket! We love snorkeling and take wet suits now on every cruise--- perfect! When most people had to get out of the water b/c they were too cold we stayed in and loved it.

Wherever you go in the Caribbean in February the forecast will be the same almost every day every year - mid to low 80's with a chance of showers. I want a job as a weatherman down there:D :D

Of course weather will vary and cool days or lots of rain are always possible (the day we were in Labadee 2/06 it rained ALL DAY), but for the most part plan on warm and mostly sunny most days:) We've been to the Caribbean 11 times on cruises and land vacations in January and February, and the only time I've worn anything but shorts is to dinner on a ship.

February can still find Artic cold fronts pushing down thru the states into florida. Some Feb's there are none and the temps in FL stay in the HI of 70 -80. They open Spring training in FL mid Feb because they expect mild weather.

That being said if a cold front is present when you sail the first day may be cool until you pass the keys and into the gulf stream and the gulf or around Cuba depending on your Intinerary the weather will likely be in the 80's. Some cold fronts stall out in the middle of FL and Miami & Keys remain in the 60 -70 range. The western ports will likely be in the 80's and water temp hi 70 -80. The cold fronts don't pass the gulf stream with any impact.

I would plan on shorts and bring the bathing suit.

We went to the Western Caribbean in late January/early February of this year, and the weather couldn't have been better. 80s every day with only one light shower. I wore shorts all day (though not in the dining room ;) ) and was quite comfortable. But, as others have said, it can be hit and miss. We had a pretty smooth ride and nice weather, but I've heard others say the water was choppy and the weather rainy and cooler.

We have done the Western Caribbean twice.

The first time in Feb. 2002 on the Voyager and we froze! I did not bring enough sweaters...

The second time was in Feb. 2006 on Costa. The weather was perfect- sunny and very warm (very hot in Grand Cayman) every day. Good thing we had perfect weather because we hated the Costa cruise!

Archived