amerisuites ft lauderdale

tne458011

It is on 17th St just about 1/2 mile from the pier. Close to Publix Market and some restaurants/liquor stores.

It has been bought by Hyatt and will be turned into a Hyatt Place by this time next year. The rates will probably double from what they are now. :eek:

We stayed at the Amerisuites last December because it was absolutely the best deal available at that time. I wouldn't recommend it for a long stay but for one night before a cruise it was just fine. As soon as you check in, make a reservation for the shuttle to the pier to get the best time. We found the shuttle service to be very efficient and quick and the price (free!) was excellent. There are lots of restaurants within an easy walk and even more if you're willing to walk 10 minutes or so. There's also a large grocery store and liquor store nearby. The breakfast was ordinary but okay. It's no luxury place but it was just fine for us.

And something else has changed. You used to be able to leave your car there after your stay while you were cruising for free. Now I think it is more than 10.00 per day to leave it.:eek:

That isn't new, they stopped the free parking over a year ago. So, I don't think that has anything to do with the change over to Hyatt Place.

We were looking to book a hotel Oct. 14 post cruise. They said we would have the same rates on valuetrip. So hopefully they will stand true to what they have said. Thanks for the info though, it helps knowing what is around there.

thanks

Stayed there in the past. Ok for one night, very basic. But they did have the shuttle to the port which is nice. As everyone else said, it is close to stores (liquor, food, pharmacy, etc). I recomend Cafe Del Rio which is adjacent to the hotel and serves great Tex-Mex food. We had a great pre-cruise party there one year.

We were looking to book a hotel Oct. 14 post cruise. They said we would have the same rates on valuetrip. So hopefully they will stand true to what they have said. Thanks for the info though, it helps knowing what is around there.

thanks

If it has changed to the Hyatt, then you will be very pleased. The bedding is wonderfull. It is nice they are giving the rate of valuetrip. :)

If it has changed to the Hyatt, then you will be very pleased. The bedding is wonderfull. It is nice they are giving the rate of valuetrip. :)

Janet, the valuetrip rates after the switch are a bit higher than what used to show up for Amerisuites, but I think it will still be a pretty good deal if they take care of those upgrades that Hyatt is famous for. Keeping our fingers crossed as we absolutely love the location of this hotel and have stayed there for many many years pre-cruise.

icon1.gifamerisuites ft lauderdale

anyone know much about this hotel? what is near it to do? places to eat?

Thanks

I stayed January 2007 (just before the Super Bowl) in the:

AMERISUITES FT. LAUDERDALE

1851 S.E. 10TH AVENUE

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33316

I found the hotel to be in an excellent location for dining .. Mexican Restaurant across the street. It is near a main street with a variety of eating establishments. The only thing is I found the hotel pricy for what they provide (I paid $180 / night + tax). The rooms are run down and not that nice, the breakfast is served in very cramped quarters and is so so. They apparently are upgrading the Hotel to a full expensive Hilton.

I will not stay at this hotel again. Too expensive for what you get. I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express ... not the one near the Amerisuites ... but their price went over $200 / night !!

I

Archived