Towel people???

tinlizzy

Someone didn't explain the concept quite right to the hotel staff in this Luxor Egypt hotel

Animals...not towel people. And they should be cute NOT scary!!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g294205-d469290-r8016799-Tutotel_Hotel-Luxor_Nile_River_Valley.html

What does that hotel in Luxor have to do with a cruise?

I am confused about this thread, what does a hotel room in egypt have to do with cruises??

Maybe it's my blondness, or maybe the fact that in 50 days my hubby and I will be on our anniversary having a few drinks, relaxing and having fun!!!

I am confused about this thread, what does a hotel room in egypt have to do with cruises??

Maybe it's my blondness, or maybe the fact that in 50 days my hubby and I will be on our anniversary having a few drinks, relaxing and having fun!!!

that's what I was wondering also. But I think this person saw a review about a hotel in Luxor where they made scary towel people. Look at the picture above.

I'm probably the dumb blonde here and have it all wrong, but my take on what the OP meant was "how would you like to see one of these on the bed in your cabin instead of the custmary cute little animal". I personally would have been heard all over the ship had I walked in and saw that sitting in my cabin (thinking a real person was sitting there)!

I'm probably the dumb blonde here and have it all wrong, but my take on what the OP meant was "how would you like to see one of these on the bed in your cabin instead of the custmary cute little animal". I personally would have been heard all over the ship had I walked in and saw that sitting in my cabin (thinking a real person was sitting there)!

yeah I would have been complaining quite loudly also. But I doubt we will see anything like that on a cruiseship.

Yeah that was my take too - the OP was comparing the towels animals we see on cruise ships to that towel person. Made perfect sense to me....

The topic was obvious to me as well. I would have loved to see the look on my GF face on our last cruise if we were to walk into that. I wouldn't complain though, the house cleaner was obviously being funny. Plus we don't know what they left for him.

We have had towel people made on a couple of our cruises. On on RCCL was in my bed with my nightgown and sunglasses and holding a rose. The other was sitting on the toilet holding a newspaper! Talking about scaring a person!:eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: would have scared me to

I made a towel person for our room steward on our last cruise! He loved it, caught me in the hall and gave me a big hug after he saw it! :p He couldn't stop laughing, it was great.

Now, the one from Egypt....that would be scary! :eek:

783512877_towelhuman.jpg.d991ff9c9bd570f70747b040f7bb21f2.jpg

We have had towel people made on a couple of our cruises. On on RCCL was in my bed with my nightgown and sunglasses and holding a rose. The other was sitting on the toilet holding a newspaper! Talking about scaring a person!:eek:

Okay the fact that someone touched YOUR nightgown totally grosses me out!

Okay the fact that someone touched YOUR nightgown totally grosses me out!

It's the same person that touches your sheets and towels. How is touching the nightgown grosser than that?

Also, I love the idea of making a towel person for the steward! I think most of them would get a real kick out of that. I can tell there are some people on this thread that wouldn't get it, but I think that is their loss!

Archived