Limo or Car Service - RI to Brooklyn

sunluva7

We booked on the Caribbean Princess out of Red Hook next summer and looking at our travel options. We're close enough where we don't need to fly, we don't really want to drive, so that leaves bus or train. We're not blowing money on air fare for the four of us, so what about a limo or car to transport us? Has anyone done this, and what can I expect to pay? The limo trip would be so cool, but probably not worth the cost. But still....

• 3 weeks later...
We booked on the Caribbean Princess out of Red Hook next summer and looking at our travel options. We're close enough where we don't need to fly, we don't really want to drive, so that leaves bus or train. We're not blowing money on air fare for the four of us, so what about a limo or car to transport us? Has anyone done this, and what can I expect to pay? The limo trip would be so cool, but probably not worth the cost. But still....

Didn't receive any bites on this question, so I thought I'd try it again...

We're looking at other the options, too - drive and park, bus, etc. - and realize, of course, that the private car will be the most expensive, but wonder if anyone from up north has done this to the NY pier.

Didn't receive any bites on this question, so I thought I'd try it again...

We're looking at other the options, too - drive and park, bus, etc. - and realize, of course, that the private car will be the most expensive, but wonder if anyone from up north has done this to the NY pier.

1. You are going to Brooklyn while its in NY its not the NY pier.

2. Not many people use a limo to go so far.

You can take Amtrak to Penn Station and then a cab(the Cab will cost about $30.00) to the Red Hook pier. You can take a bus to NY Port Authority and also a cab will cost about $30 but you should probably check the cruise line to see if they are running buses directly to the pier. some cruise lines do this for free or reduced amounts.

I would suggest you call a limo company by you and see what they charge.

Personally I would drive its about a 3-4 hour drive and the parking while expensive isn't that bad for 4 people sharing.

We are in Mass. We have someone drive us in. It takes just about 3 hours. See if Princess offer bus service. I think they might but I am pretty sure it would be Boston, Hartford, Springfield stops. The man we use I found by just asking around if anyone new people who did this type of service. He charges 120.00 each way and we split with another couple. Next May we have 6-8 people and he is renting a larger vehicle. :) When are you sailing?

I called CT limo and they wanted over $500 to the Manhattan cruise terminal from central CT. Told them to forget about it . . .

See if Princess offers bus from Hartford? Wait, I think they also stop in Danbury, CT. The limo's are very pricey. ;)

Thanks for your ideas. At this point, we're going to either drive and park, which seems to be the least expensive way ($180 plus gas), or go with the Entertainment Tours bus, which will take us directly to the Red Hook Pier from Providence for $75/pp.

Archived