Puerto Vallarta

espmass

I know I can research this on the ports of call board but this is faster so please pardon me. Can anyone offer a review of the shore excursion "Mexican Fiesta and City of Puerto Vallarta"? Usually when we cruise we simply grab a cab and take a look-see at the area. However, we'll be in Puerto Vallarta until 10PM so we thought maybe we should actually book something. Thanks so much!

I took this excursion in December. The tequila processing plant was interesting. They give you 4 or 5 mini-shots to sample :D , then close the doors and sell you some, after your in a good mood.:rolleyes: The fiesta is a tourist show for people with video cameras. Young people in costume do dances. Then they bring out the dancing horse - yes, he really dances. Food is very mediocre. :( I think there are better excursions.

Don't take any excursions from the ship. PV is a wonderful town. Easy to walk and shop. there's a walking tour of the town, great shopping at the markets and great restaurants and beach.

Just take a cab into town, (they're cheap and priced by zone) and just enjoy it.

Or you can take the bus from near the ship one of the smaller towns up north like Bucerias or Sayulita. You can just explore on your own.

Another great day is to take a water taxi to Yelapa and enjoy the town there. Go to any Puerto Vallarta site and you'll see all there is to do.

Thanks. I had a feeling the Mexican "fista" would be a bit too touristy. We do plan to walk around and take a look at the city but felt with being there for such a long day that we might want to plan something different. Maybe we'll just browse and shop and then spend the afternoon on the beach.

We did take the Princess tour to the Liz Taylor's house. The tour included a short city tour. You can do that on your own -- but it is located near PV downtown. There is a resort within 5-min walking distance of the pier/tender-location that for a small fee provides use of their facilities -- beach umbrella, beach chair, towels, etc. I forget the name but you will find it in the ports of call. That resort also provides inexpensive massages - but one has to pre-book. Even around 3 pm (in Sep), it was so hot that we could barely walk from the pier to that resort. We went in by the side entrance and told the guy at the gate that we just wanted to look around. So he did not charge us. We spent only about 15 min looking around -- was just too hot. /Sultan

Archived