NEWARK? Hilton Gateway or Candlewood Suites?

05mak05

We're home from the 30 day July trip and trying to pick up the pieces where we left off! We are booked on the RCI Explorer Canada/New England cruise leaving Cape Liberty on Aug. 31st. We are flying into Newark on 8/29 arriving at 11:15 am. We want to spend as much time as possible in Manhatten on the 29th and 30th before departing for the cruise terminal on the 31st. I've booked two hotels. We have the Hilton Newark Penn Sation at the Gateway Center for a government rate of $139 a night. We also have Candlewood Suites for a rate of $125 a night. Naturally, we want a nice clean room in a safe area with dining options but our main conern is the quickest way into Manhattan. Which hotel should we pick considering the price really isn't a factor. Other suggestions? (Still dreaming about magically getting "Jersey Boy" tickets - ha!)

The Gateway Hilton is very nice. I have only been in the public rooms though. It's super convenient to public transporation & in on of the safest area of Newark. You'll be in the Gateway office building complex -- bustling with people all day & across from Seton Hall Law School. The NJ Performing Arts Center (NJ PAC) & a police substation are about a block away. There are lots of cops in the Penn Station.

I don't know where the Candlewood suites are but they are not going to be as convenient as the Hilton.

As for Jersey Boys, I honestly thought it was the most mean spirited insulting piece of garbage ever produced. :mad: Be happy you are not wasting your money or your time on that junk. There are so many better shows.

Archived