Room service alcohol

ladypalmtree

Can you order a small package..say small bottle of Vodka and some tonic on the Paradise through room service on the first night...just wondering..not imperative...just like a nice drink while getting ready for dinner etc...;)

I don't know if you can order a whole bottle through Room Service.

But up to a week before the cruise you can order one through the Bon Voyage Department. Here's my prior experience with them:

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=601427

Can you order a small package..say small bottle of Vodka and some tonic on the Paradise through room service on the first night...just wondering..not imperative...just like a nice drink while getting ready for dinner etc...;)

Not sure when you say "small" bottle if you are asking about those little airline like bottles. But here is a link to Stateroom Mini Bar price list.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2000091770085339509HjQfyR

No mini bar in my Paradise ocean view stateroom...but on Princess you can order from room service..alcohol packages...small ..not airline size but say a fifth of vodka and some tonic...anyone else..and thank you for the reply"s!:cool:

If you decide to go the Bon Voyage Department route, their standard size is 1 liter. Plus they have a large selection, so if you want Grey Goose, Stoli, Skyy, there's a good chance they'll have it. Plus I'm assuming you could order the mixers too.

You can only order over the phone though, and it has to be ordered at least a week before the cruise. But it'll be waiting in your cabin for you when you embark, and there's no tipping required.

Ya' know, there's been several threads on this board regarding the fine art of 'smuggling' some booze on board. In fact, if it wasn't 'illegal' I would have done it myself. Hey, wait, I DID. Hummm... do ya' think the Carnival Booze Police might come after me???

You might want to search 'smuggler's punch' for some great recipes for that liquor that you can't bring on board in your checked luggage. Oh, it's a good idea to pad that booze that you won't bring with some bubble wrap or something like that to prevent breakage.

:rolleyes:

You might want to search 'smuggler's punch' for some great recipes for that liquor that you can't bring on board in your checked luggage. :rolleyes:

But don't mix and recipes that have to be kept cool because there are no fridges on the Paradise unless you are in a suite.

So once onboard...you cannot order alcohol for your room...Is this correct? Princess is way different..makes me want to smuggle some...hmmm:eek:

You can definitely order alcohol via Room Service. I'm just not sure about whole bottles. But I beleive anything from the bar would be ok, including "buckets or beer" (4 to a bucket).

But don't mix and recipes that have to be kept cool because there are no fridges on the Paradise unless you are in a suite.

Wow... how long do your drinks stick around after you mix them??? Mine have NO chance of going bad due to a lack of refrigeration!!

Thanks...I think I will bring a bottle of wine in my carry on...and some tonic water in a plastic bottle....and perhaps some vodka in my checked luggage..in plastic bottle..wrapped in clothing...If I were to do such a thing..would this work?:eek:

Thanks...I think I will bring a bottle of wine in my carry on...and some tonic water in a plastic bottle....and perhaps some vodka in my checked luggage..in plastic bottle..wrapped in clothing...If I were to do such a thing..would this work?:eek:

Sure it would. If you were to ignore the rules and smuggle vodka in a plastic bottle, wrapping it in clothes is a good idea. Personally, I'd grab some bubble wrap at WalMart, wrap up the contraband and tuck it somewhere close to the middle of the suitcase that I'm checking. Of course, I'd never think of doing such a thing. Hear that, Carnival Police??? I'D NEVER THINK OF DOING SUCH A THING.

Think that'll cover me???

:D

First of all: Machman - You crack me up!!!:D

Second: A question for RatherBFishin: Did they have a limit of bottles that you could order from the Bon Voyage? (I was wanting one vodka and one rum for the room - not a whole lot) And did the order depend on type of cabin - can you order bottles in the room for suites only or for any cabin?

Thanks for the information.

Another way to get a bottle safetly on is to get some of those children's arm floaties...put them on your bottle & inflate....they fold up real flat when not in use & won't take up hardly any luggage space when deflated!

And this time of year, they are on sale!!

Wow...thanks everyone...have to give this some thought..I am finishing up packing today and I leave tomorrow..just me and the dd...I may need something to keep me from going insane. Dh said it is a good thing we do not have a balcony..does not want to read about one of us going overboard...No really..she just came back from camp and is sleeping...and in a pretty good mood.. I hope we have a good time..we need some bonding...she had a rough school year!...cheers everyone...:rolleyes:

You can order mixed drinks through room service. The cocktails are listed on a menu in your cabin.

These can get expensive. You should tip room services and a 15% tip is already added from the bar that mixed the drinks.

Just smuggle, just like everyone else.

Go for it!

Archived