Brooklyn Cruise Port

Lindypc

Hello,

I am contemplating the Grand Princess Canada/New England cruise in September. I will be flying out of Atlanta and have a few questions:

1. What is the recommended airport to fly to--La Guardia or JFK (closest to port) if I fly in that morning (I know, that's scary but we won't have to get a hotel).

2. Or, should we just fly to JFK, stay in Manhattan (if we can afford it) and get a service to take us to the port?

Hello,

I am contemplating the Grand Princess Canada/New England cruise in September. I will be flying out of Atlanta and have a few questions:

1. What is the recommended airport to fly to--La Guardia or JFK (closest to port) if I fly in that morning (I know, that's scary but we won't have to get a hotel).

2. Or, should we just fly to JFK, stay in Manhattan (if we can afford it) and get a service to take us to the port?

LaGuardia is a little closer than JFK. But it's not really that much of a difference - you may have more choice of flights into JFK.

If it were me, I'd fly in a day early and stay over. The delays in NY airports is getting worse and worse. I don't think my last four flights in or out of here have been on time (we actually just got back two weeks ago from a New Orleans weekend and were delayed three hours coming home because it was raining in NY). If that happens to you when you are flying into NY on the day of your cruise, you might miss the ship.

WHen you make your flight arrangements for flying into New York, try and make it one of the first flights out of Atlanta in the morning.

Thanks, Willysgrandma! I've been spoiled as we always fly to our Ft. Lauderdale cruises that morning--10 minutes after getting your luggage, you're in line at the cruise terminal. Didn't think about the delays in New York. Maybe we'll come in early and catch some plays!

Archived