Hike & Float in Skagway-Independent

Jennifer31

Hi

I am leaving on Sept 1st on Serenade. I have one last port to book a tour, which happens to be the skagway.

I am thinking of doing the hike and float but was wondering who the independent operator is. How is this tour? Worth it?

Thanks

Jennifer

Hi

Thank you. I am curious about the hike. how was it? Does it involve heights? Was it a safe trail?

thanks

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer, the first part of the trail is uphill, so you are gaining altitude, but you are never at the edge of a cliff or anything close to that. Elliott is not keen on heights and it wasn't an issue. It is a very safe trail. There were 2 children on the hike; I would say they were about 7 and 9 and they were having a great time. If you are in average physical condition, you will have no problem. The float is scenic and serene and almost magical in its beauty. We saw harbor seals, lots of bald eagles, and bear poop. We carried our own water, but it wasn't necessary as our guide provided it. Guide provided lots of interesting info re the gold rush. We loved our heli to glacier excursion, but I think this hike and float was the highlight.

Aloha, Logan

Hi

Great. Thanks for the info about the hike. I am not keen on heights so it's nice to know it won't be an issue. I thought about hitting the heights head on with a rock climbing tour in skagway too.

I am fairly young (will be 33 by boarding) so I am somewhat active. I am looking for something active to do but at the same time relaxing and hopefully it won't irritate my back too much.

Thanks

Jennifer

Jennifer, we did the hike and float in Skagway, booked thru NCL. I believe there is another hike and float and perhaps that's the one you are talking about. The one we did was listed as "Hike and Float the Chilkoot Trail." It was $99/person. If you are an active person, you may find this excursion a bit mild. We did wish the hike was longer and a bit more strenuous, but we still enjoyed it immensely.

Aloha, Logan

Hi

The one that you took is the one that I was looking at. I am somewhat active. I want something that will allow me to hike but not too long and relax at the same time. I have done fairly long hikes before and it tends to irritate my back.

I really want to get away from the crowds and get outdoors. I did the train last time and found it too mellow.

Jennifer

Archived