*LIVE* from the Serenade!

telesaps

Quick post - We are on our way back to Vancouver. It is foggy and rainy! The rest of the cruise has been very nice weather.

The Serenade is beautiful. Food is fabulous, with the exception of Italian night (Tues) and 2nd Formal night (Thurs). Everything else very good.

There is so much to do!!! We saw whales and dolphins right next to the ship. Scagway, the 1st port, was the least favorite for us. We rented a car and drove to Emerald Lake and went horseback riding with Joni. This was a very long drive. The horseback ride was fun, she let us trot alot and run some. However, I don't know if it was worth the long drive. Friends did the hike and float and loved it! There was too much time to spend in Scagway. Not much in the town, other than t-shirt shops.
Juneau - We did the helicopter glacier landing. This is a MUST! I LOVED it. I was hesitant to do this, as I was afraid. We did this with Coastal. Excellent pilot. Scenery is out of this world. There is nothing like this! I drank water right from the glacier. Friends did the dogsled, this was fantastic. However, most of the dogsleds are closed. There was one right off the ship that was still available.

Ketchikan - favorite port. Lots of jewelry. Family went with Capt. Ken and caught 22 salmon!! We are shipping it back home, but very expensive to do this. Ken was wonderful with the kids, as well as adults. Thouroughly enjoyed this excursion! I went with Southeast for a 30 min. float plane. Not nearly as much fun as the helicopter. Do the helicopter if you can only do one. Friends went biking, said it was okay. I bought some jewelry!!

Shows - Saw the Temptations review - great! Saw Love and Marriage, very funny. The rest of the time had to go to bed by midnight, because we were up at 6:30 a.m. all the time! You don't have time to sleep! Look for Eugene the bartender at the pool bar! He's the best. We tipped him up front and he took good care of us.

Definitely recommend Portofino's. We ate at both Chops and Portofinos. Both good, but I don't care as much for steaks.

Time now to go win the $6500.00 jackpot BINGO!!

Archived