Anniversary package

tootieb

I just purchased the anniversary package via the phone for the August 19th sailing of the Pearl to Alaska. The customer service rep had the personality of a wall, sorry but she could use some training. She told me that all I had to do was name the evening and it would be taken care of, she wouldn't take a time down for dinner. Has anyone ordered this recently and how do they handle notifying you when your dinner reservation in Le Bistro is?

You have a letter with the details in your room when you board. All you have to do is make your own reservations for the night you want and you don't have to compley to the 48-hour rule. Just show whoever is making the reservation your letter.

Enjoy!

I think you misunderstood the details of the package. It entails you to one dinner in LeBistro, but you must make your own reservation once on the ship.

Be sure to bring the letter with you that will be in your stateroom outlining all the details. They will need to photocopy it at the restaurant and they will also give you a bottle of wine with your dinner.

Enjoy your package, it's a good value. :)

I just ordered a birthday package for my husband and the person I spoke on the phone needs to get some training. First she told me that they could not do the package on the date of sailing which I said was fine since that isn't his birthdate anyway. After she took all my information and was ready to hang up I said don't you need to know the day I want the package for his birthday. She said the computer wouldn't let her put that information in but after a while she said she got the correction made and would send me an e-mail. When I recieved the e-mail it stated as to the date of delivery "1 day in cabin" whatever that meant. I then called back and got the same moron on the phone who said the delivery would be on the first day of the cruise, which I don't want. I told her to cancel the order because a birthday package should be delivered on the birthday. I then told her to reorder the package and she said oh wait it is going to be delivered on the day you want. At this point I have no idea what day it will be delivered or if I am paying for 2 packages. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER PEOPLE!!!!

My husband and I just returned from a cruise to Bermuda where I was able to purchase the package on check in...So glad we did...Because it was same day we choose Saturday (last day of cruise) to have the berries and champagne and LeBistro where service is wonderful and they even present you with a cake singing Let Me Call You Sweetheart!

You also are invited to a cake and champagne party in which they give you a letter on the outside of your door advising you of the where and when..there they will take a picture of you which is complimentary in the photo shop. Enjoy it was much as we did...it made the trip for us in many ways!!

Along with your dinner in La Bistro, you will also get a bottle of wine. You have an option to upgrade and they will credit you the price of that bottle. The pricing in Feb was a $22.00 credit which could be applied to anything they have.:)

After she took all my information and was ready to hang up I said don't you need to know the day I want the package for his birthday.

You do get to choose the day you want to go to the Bistro when you board. You can pick any day you want.

When I recieved the e-mail it stated as to the date of delivery "1 day in cabin" whatever that meant. I then called back and got the same moron on the phone who said the delivery would be on the first day of the cruise, which I don't want.

On the 1st day, you get a letter in your room outlining the details of the package. You also get a bottle of bubbly and the chocolate strawberries. Unfortunately you cannot pick the day for the free cake/photo get together as you are not the only one who booked the package. They arrange a time for everyone and advise you via the letter in your room on the 1st day.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER PEOPLE!!!!

Relax and enjoy the package. You will love it !!!

Taxmantoo - we were on the Jewel as well in July. Great cruise!!

We had the anniversary package as well. Instructions said to call the manager of the restaurant during service hours to book reservation. The waitstaff at Le Bistro were awesome and accommodated me with regards to being vegetarian, as the main courses at this restaurant did not include a vegetarian dish. At the end of the meal, they brought out a beautiful cake for us that we were able to take back to our room.

My wife and I enjoyed the anniversary package too. However I can understand the frustration with NCL in some of the posts. Two of the top items in the 5 things for NCL to fix thread come into play regarding these packages such as the website and people on the phone knowing what really is going on. If you successfully navigate the website you will get to a form where you can order packages which tells you to fax the completed form in. We were ordering a birthday packages for an upcoming cruise for a relative. We experienced all the problems Grandmaof4 experienced. The form asks for the birthday. We faxed it and waited for a reply. Nothing. We called and they said "why would you fax it you need to call". Then we found out that it can only be done on the first day of the cruise. In the end we still did it. Like the anniversary package it is always nice to find something special in your cabin when you first open the door.

Archived