Minor's passport expired??Carnival said "ok"

road king 1

Have passport for 13 yr old, but expired 9 days ago. I also have a copy of birth certificate, but it's a copy.(not official, no raised seal). This is what ex-wife sent. Called CCL and they said an expired passport was fine for the minor child as long as it expired within the last ten years? Has anyone else had this issue or heard of such a thing?? I have a notorized consent letter from ex, but just worried about embarkation.:confused:

No problem, both my boys passports will expire while we are on our cruise next week. Was not going to try to get them renewed with the mess at the passport office right now. The only problem we ran into is when you fill in the funpass it will not accept a past date on the expiration date area. We called Carnival and they said for the Funpass just to check birth certificate or put a different date for the expiration date and they will fix it at the port. We will have to get then renewed when we get back because our next cruise is to alaska but for now we are OK. Cindy

DH's expired a few months ago. My PVP said not to worry about it since it hadn't been expired 10 years and we will be sailing in about 20 days so it's well before the Jan. date. Like mosel, we didn't want to have to deal with the passport delay issue either (especially considering I didn't book until the end of June for an end of Aug. cruise and didn't realize his was expired until we were booked) I also had to fudge on the passport date for the funpass. I've packed his birth certificate just in case.

Have passport for 13 yr old, but expired 9 days ago. I also have a copy of birth certificate, but it's a copy.(not official, no raised seal). This is what ex-wife sent. Called CCL and they said an expired passport was fine for the minor child as long as it expired within the last ten years? Has anyone else had this issue or heard of such a thing?? I have a notorized consent letter from ex, but just worried about embarkation.:confused:

happened to my mom in '00 with my brother. His passport had expired the year before and as long as you have a copy of the birth certificate you should be fine.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

try this site. As much as love the advice here... I wouldn't leave for a vacation which takes me "out of the country" without reading the official rule book;) Yes, currently an expired passport will work... but this is a good site to bookmark if you travel.

Mind you, the rule book changes so don't forget to check it again.

Have a great vacation

Archived