Help with shore excursions for Belize

dutchess43

I have not been on a shore excursion for this trip but was in Belize on my own back in 2004 and the Lamanai trip was wonderful!! The best part was the boat ride through the river to get there. The scenery was amazing and our guide (Melvis) was very entertaining and informative.

Our family went on a cruise for Spring Breakt 2007 and went cave tubing in Belize! We had a blast! We used Cavetubing.com they were about half the price of the ship excursion and they were really a great group of guys. Our group ranged in age from 10-70 and everyone had a good time.

Mrs. Cruise

We are going to be stopping in Belize later this month on the Enchantment looking for any & all information as to what to do there. Has anyone one been on the shore excursion called Lamanai the New River Safari?

Thanks

Hi Dutchess

There is a thread already going on Lamanai check this out!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=600975

Hope it helps

Karen

I've seen great reviews on the Lamanai tour, but have not taken it first hand. My favorite tour in Belize was cavetubing. If you are physically able to walk for 45 minutes, you need to do this. It is a blast.

If you would rather lie on a beach, Bannister Island is a nice place. You can book it at the tenderdock.

My boyfriend and I stopped in Belize while on the Enchantment in mid-February. We were interested in the cave-tubing, but ended up booking the Jungle, River, Land Rover & Cave Expedition. We are 22 and 23 years old, and met up with a couple just a few years older for this excursion and had a blast. The guides were amazing and very, very informative. For those who enjoy jungle juice, at the end of the excursion, you take this wild-looking party bus (complete with STRONG jungle juice) back into town to your ship.

Archived