Yes, another tipping question!

Happyladi

We are doing a cruisetour and Princess is picking us up at the airport and taking us to our hotel. Do we tip the person who does this?

Should we tip our room steward early on so we get very good service or do it at the end if we get very good service? Or not do it at all since there is auto tipping?

We are doing a helicopter glacier landing in Juneau. Do we tip the helicopter driver? For what is is costing us I almost think they should tip us!

I would tip all of the drivers and any tour guides. We typically tip our room steward if we request him to get something for us, for example robes. Even with the auto tipping we give him or her extra at the end of the cruise as well as filling out a card. They work so hard for so little and I do appreciate their efforts..................Mary

It's really a matter of personal preference but we always tip for good service = tour operators, taxis etc.. I will say that we don't tip stewards ahead of time and I guess have been lucky? Never had service that wasn't good.. not that some weren't a little better than others but do not tip ahead for someone to do their job unless at some point in future we would have a very special request early on that might cause some extra work and let the appreciation be known

Archived