Opinion needed!

travgurl

What is your opinion of these two cruises to pick from for a Feb. cruise?

Valor--Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya plus 2 days at sea

Liberty--Costa Maya, Limon Costa Rica. and Colon Panama plus 3 days at sea

Personally, I would go Eastern. I did not like Mexico. Belize is scary. Guards at all points. Do not recommed going out into the city by yourself, only if on a tour or exchursion. Armed Guards standing at the gates made of Iron.

Costa Maya was ok. It was raining when we got there, but other than that, it was fine. But I still did not care for the pushiness of the people trying to sell stuff to you, then telling you one price and charging you something. T-shirts 3/20$ and ended up charging nearly 30$ for them.

Braid your hair 25$ ended up charging 125$.

Have not been to Grand Caymen, costa Rica, and the other port you mentioned.

Hi TravGurl (nice name! :)) I like the Valor because of the itinerary, but that's just my opinion since I really like port-heavy itineraries. Belize is gorgeous with some of the best diving/snorkeling in the world. Not sure if you like to snorkel, but I wouldn't miss Belize!

I'd go for the Valor.

Belize - go cave tubing if you haven't done it. Spectacular.

Costa Maya - GREAT beach day and you can't beat the lovely beach massages ($20 for 45 minutes) at Mahahual Beach.

Grand Cayman - swim with the stingrays at the sandbar. Great experience.

Haven't been to Roatan, but I have been to Costa Rica (went on the zipline canopy tour - FABULOUS) but Panama - bleh!! No thank you never again.

Personally two sea days in one week is enough for us. BTW all of the excursions we booked above were NOT done through the cruise line. Much better deals out there on your own.

I haven't been on the Liberty but we were on the Valor in January!!

I loved the Valor!! we went cavetubing in Belize and we didn't see any military at all. Swam with the Stingrays in Caymans, We booked a tour to see roatan Beautiful!! We didn't go to Costa Maya but went to Cozemel instead. Went to Paradise beach and had a great time. Regarless of what you decide I am sure you will pick the right cruise for you!!:)

icon1.gifBelize cave tubing!!!

We did the cave tubing in Belize and it was soooooo much fun we're booking another cruise with a stop in Belize just to do it again!!!

But first we're cruising Hawaii and doing the tubing in the canals on Kauai. Has anyone done that one? Was it as fun as it looks?

K & C

The Valor definitely has a better itinerary. I did the Liberty two years ago. I was disappointed in Costa Rica and Panama was BORING! If you are going for the itinerary then go with the Valor. If you are going for the ship then it's a hard choice. For me there would be only one choice and that would be the Valor with that itinerary (although I have never been to Roatan).

FYI our PVP informed us that the Valor will be in dry dock the week of Feb 2-9 so the ship should be nice and clean and some older carpets, etc replaced for our Feb 10 Eastern Carib cruise. We'll try and keep it clean for you if you choose the Western itinerary.

You wanted an opinion so you're getting it. The Liberty has the better cruise. I like sea days.

Archived