Bermuda Question

My DH and I are going to Bermuda on the Explorer in a few weeks. I guess the ship dock at King's Wharf.

How far a walk is it on the pier to get to where taxi's or the ferry leaves from?

My DH has difficulty walking long distances. Do they have a shuttle or people that will shuttle you back and forth? We were in Nassau a few months ago and they had a guy driving a little tram back and forth there. Is there such a thing in Bernuda too?

Or is it a short enough pier that is walkable?

My DH and I are going to Bermuda on the Explorer in a few weeks. I guess the ship dock at King's Wharf.

How far a walk is it on the pier to get to where taxi's or the ferry leaves from?

My DH has difficulty walking long distances. Do they have a shuttle or people that will shuttle you back and forth? We were in Nassau a few months ago and they had a guy driving a little tram back and forth there. Is there such a thing in Bernuda too?

Or is it a short enough pier that is walkable?

I'm sure you'll get some answers here but there are some very knowledable people under Ports of Call Forum-Bermuda. We've been to Bermuda numerous times but did not dock at King's Wharf but rather at Penno's Wharf in St George. Penno's was farther away from taxis and I didn't see any shuttles there. The distance from King's Wharf is not far but that's relative to what your husband can walk.

The distance from the ship (docked at Kings Wharf) to the ferry / bus / taxi stops is not far, and there was a little "train" to shuttle from the ship when we were there last year. I'd suggest taking the ferry rather than the bus to St. George and Hamilton. It is much faster than the bus (no stops along the way) and there wasn't really that much to see on the bus ride. You can purchase a two day transit pass at guest relations which allows unlimited use of the ferry and bus the duration of the pass. It's quite easy to get around using public transportation and MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE than taxis. If you get confused abou which ferry or bus to take, ask a local. Bermudians are exceedingly pleasant, polite and helpful to us crazy tourists. Enjoy your cruise and visit to Bermuda.

Take a look at my cruise map of the Dockyard area. If you zoom way in on the Ferry Terminal marker, you can actually see the buses lined up on the side of the road just to the north.

Guessing from the picture, after you go around the corners involved, the distance appears to be about one and a half lengths of the ship that is there in port.

Theron

We just returned from Bermuda last Friday - They have a "Pink Bus" that picks you up as soon as you exit the ship and takes you over to the #7 Bus and Water Ferry area/stop (easy walk if you can do it but if not there is no problem). Once at the main "stop" the #7 bus will take you to the beaches (about 25 minutes to Horseshoe Bay) or the Ferry can take you to Hamilton - They have an express that takes about 30 minutes and one that makes several stops and probably takes an hour.

Hope that helps.

Archived