Hunters Lodge B&B Southampton?

DougH

Has anyone stayed at this B&B in Southampton? Someone recommended it and it looks pretty nice and has a very attractive price. It says they are pretty centrally located but would love to hear from someone that has actually stayed there.

Doug

We stayed at the Hunters' Lodge in August 2005 after a cruise on the Sea Princess. The B&B is maybe 10 minutes from the cruise pier located on a residential street. The cab driver told us that we'd made a good selection.

We showed up at about 1000 a.m. and stored our bags in the lounge area and walked to town - about 15 - 20 minutes. Our room was clean and very functional with a bath and soft bed. We had a nice quiet night. In the morning the whole family served us a nice breakfast with eggs made to order. We walked about 10 minutes to the train station after breakfast and went on our way to London.

Booked the hotel using email with the owner, Jim Dean, who answered our inquiry quickly.

We used our Visa card to pay for the room with no problems.

The reviews on Trip Advisor for this B&B are all excellent.

We would stay here again if sailing out of Southhampton.

Thanks for the information. I wanted to be close to both the National Express and train stations as I plan on heading out to Winchester and Portsmouth before the cruise. Walking is no problem, but will have to take a taxi when I head over to the ship will all the bags

Archived