Diamond Club vs Concierge Club

Ron27

My wife and I are sailing on Liberty next month and this will be our first cruise with Diamond status. I notice on the deck plans there's a concierge club and diamond club. Can anyone tell me what the differences are between them, if any? I already know the concierge club is for suite guests.

The Diamond Club is for C&A Diamond and Diamond+ passengers. We haven't seen it yet, (will in October on FOS). IT has, from what I have read and seen on CC boards pretty much the same amenities and services that the Concierge Lounge has. There are now so many Diamond and Diamond+ cruisers, that the original Concierge Lounge was way too crowded. RCCL took what was the 19th hole bar in the Viking Crown area and converted it into the Diamond Lounge.

One thing the Diamond Lounge has over the Concierge Lounge is windows with a magnificent view. The Diamond Club is, currently, only on the Freedom and the Liberty. If there are too many Diamond members on a sailing, they will open another area for the Diamonds. to take the load off the Concierge lounge.

Hypo

As a diamond level cruiser you will get a key card in your cabin for CL. If the lounge is full they will open a second lounge in the Viking Crown. They have been referred to as the Diamond Club for logistic reason so as not to confuse the two locations.

On Freedom class ships, they have the CL and the Diamond Club. Diamond is for Diamond/+ cruisers only, and CL is for suite guests. Diamond/+ guests can only use the Diamond Club, and suites guests can only use the CL. Unless you are diamond/+ cruising in a suite, and then you would get access to both lounges.

Archived