Spa Question - massages?

scrapper4

Hi everyone...

Can anyone tell me about massages on the cruise? I would like to book one for DH. I see the well-being massage and a 1/2 body massage. Can anyone tell me the differences? Also, the 1/2 body massage is only 25 minutes...is that long enough to get your $$$$'s worth? I do not get massages, so I have no idea. TIA!

Jen

as far as I'm concerned, the Disney Spas are the best on the high seas.

Frankly, I would recommend that you choose the massage that best fits your budget. The longer....the better. (I get massages regularly and longer is ALWAYS better.) I don't know if they offer it, but you might want to consider a couples massage and that way you get introduced to the experience too.

I would also say that just paying for the use of the general spa facilities (steam/sauna/relaxation room) is WELL worth the cost, which at the time I went, was minimal. I could spend an entire cruise just relaxing on the wonderful tiled and heated chaise lounges.

Darn....now I need a massage, no wait, I need another cruise on a Disney ship so that I can get massaged in THEIR spa. :D

Half body is your back and legs (you don't turn over) what i would suggest is a couples massage, my DH was a bit nervous about getting one all by himself so we got the couples massage side by side, very relaxing, and you can do the full body massage (no nothing private is exposed LOL)

Thanks for the responses....

The problem with the couples massage is that I am EXTREMELY ticklish (sorry if TMI) and I am not sure I would enjoy a massage. DH has been in those "aquamassage" machines at the mall before and liked it, so I think he'd enjoy a real massage.

Jen

If you are sensitive in a certain area (ie:feet or thighs) you can just write it on your form and they will avoid it. They don't do your stomach.

Anyhow if you want to just get one for him I am sure he would love it, they are addicting tough so be forewarned!

Archived