I *think* I've figured out what I want!

monlyba

I'm so terrible at making decisions of all kinds, whether it's where to go for dinner... or something huge like how to do our wedding! I went back and forth with several big ideas, but I think I have finally narrowed it down.

I believe we'll drive down to Miami and board the Carnival Fascination (an older ship, but recently refurbished and has great reviews - and awesome prices!). it will dock in Key West on the 2nd day, and we'll have a simple ceremony on the beach there, arranged by a local company (I've found one online that looks perfect, but I haven't corresponded with them just yet). I doubt we'll have a lot of friends and family with us, I'm assuming less than 10 besides ourselves, so after the ceremony we will probably just explore the island some and then get back on the ship and party in the restaurants/bars that evening. the cruise will visit Cozumel the next evening and we can do some more celebrating there as well.:D

then a few weeks later we will have more of a traditional reception in our hometown, so that everyone else who couldn't make it for the cruise can still take part in it all. my plan is to have a few of the better photos from our ceremony blown up and hung around the reception so they can see what they missed. ;)

AUGH! it's exciting, but also scary, to know that I have something specific to start planning now!

do any of you know anything about getting married in Key West? it looks to be simple enough from what I've read online. I'm thinking we would try to get up early on Monday (embarkation day) and get the actual marriage license there in Miami so we have it in our possession already, that way when we dock in Key West we don't have to spend precious time going to the courthouse to do paperwork.

A couple my fiance works with took their honeymoon on Fascination and had a great time. They said the ship is looking pretty good! :)

I'm glad your starting to get some ideas. It is sort of intimidating, but everything will fall into place!

Archived