Car Car Rental Drop Off for Departure from Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

cruise_cruise

Hi,

I will be sailing out of the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal later this month and will be taking a rental car to New York from South Carolina for various reasons. Does anybody know where the best place to drop it off would be (any rental company is acceptable)? And what would be the best way to get from that location to the Terminal (taxi, train, etc)? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the quick reply smeyer it helps out alot. I do have one more question as I am not familar with NY. What is the best way to go through NY? I have a couple of different option that I have seen on various mapping programs.

First I can enter on either Hwy 95 or 78?

Second, what is the best way to get to Brooklyn? I have seen three options for this:

1) Via the Holland and Battery Tunnels;

2) Via the Holland Tunnel and Brooklyn Bridge; or

3) Via the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge (only if entering via the 95).

Once again any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the quick reply smeyer it helps out alot. I do have one more question as I am not familar with NY. What is the best way to go through NY? I have a couple of different option that I have seen on various mapping programs.

First I can enter on either Hwy 95 or 78?

Second, what is the best way to get to Brooklyn? I have seen three options for this:

1) Via the Holland and Battery Tunnels;

2) Via the Holland Tunnel and Brooklyn Bridge; or

3) Via the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge (only if entering via the 95).

Once again any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

It really depends on where you are coming from and where you are going, the time of day and what day of the week it is.

If you are coming from or through Southern NJ you have a choice of going either on the NJ Turn pike and then either through the Holland Tunnel or Via the Outerbridge or Goethals Bridge through Staten Island to the VN Bridge and the Gowanus to the Red Hook Cruise terminal. Its essentially the same distance either way and ignoring tolls for a minute it really comes down to personal preference and the time of day. 78 goes directly to the Holland Tunnel...I personally find that way faster but you will see others don't. The Brooklyn Battery Tunnel(toll4.50) to Brooklyn is more direct than the free Brooklyn Bridge but the BB is a nicer ride and you get a great view of the QM as you come over the bridge. Does that help?

Thank again smeyer. I can come in on either the 78 or the 95 but I think I will go with the 95 as I will be driving up from the south through the night and it should be relatively empty for most of the dive. Once in the NJ and NY area I will use the Holland and Battery Tunnels as I am more concerned with getting there easily that a nice view.

Once again thanks for the info it has made a huge difference.

Archived