Formal Nights on the TP

kiberkid

How formal are the formal nights? My parents have a matching Hawaiian shirt & long dress. Is that acceptable or do they need to wear the dark suite & formal dress? They have beautiful matching outfits & for obvious reasons don’t get to wear them too often……. Or is that something they can wear anytime?

Thanks.

How formal are the formal nights? My parents have a matching Hawaiian shirt & long dress. Is that acceptable or do they need to wear the dark suite & formal dress? They have beautiful matching outfits & for obvious reasons don’t get to wear them too often……. Or is that something they can wear anytime?

Thanks.

They were pretty formal, suits, tuxes, cocktail length and long dresses. They could wear that outfit on tropical night... there were lots of hawaiian outfits on that night

I purchased a dress in Tahiti the 1st time I was on the Tahitian. I wore that dress (which was a floor length sun dress) for our formal night on our second Tahitian cruise. I think if your father wore his shirt with a nice pair of slacks and dress shoes this would be acceptable. There is a wide variety of formal wear on the Tahitian. As kiberkid has posted they can always wear those outfits for tropical night.

Di

I enjoy dressing for formal night, but my outfit, shoes, purse, etc, weighs about 10 lbs & that is a lot of weight in the suitcase. I am sure I could find something else to fill it up.

We have lots of really nice formal pictures now, so maybe I will be "brave" & just get a fancy sun dress and hubby can just take a sports jacket & dress shorts... lol. He gets so hot in a suite & it is very uncomfortable for him. I can't picture him in a Hawaiian shirt, but my Dad sure will wear his.

Thanks for your replies..

Archived