My Awesome Alaskan Adventure: Statendam July 15 (long)

photodoodle

Thanks for the great review. I do have one question when researching my travel plan: Is it possible to walk from the saltwater lodge to town, or shuttle is a must?

It's possible I suppose, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'd guess it would take about an hour. You'll need a car or the shuttle, in my opinion.

Thanks for the great review. I do have one question when researching my travel plan: Is it possible to walk from the saltwater lodge to town, or shuttle is a must?

It will be quite a walk, about 3 miles to get in town. As the other poster says, you'd better off getting a taxi, or choose another hotel near town if easy access to town is important to you.

• 2 months later...

While researching my bear watching tour, I found this review. It is so beautifully written that I feel that I have been there. I have to admit that there are so much information in your review. I had to read it multiple times and take notes. Thank you, Thank you, so much.

I have one question about flying small plane out of Ketchikan. Do you feel safe? I heard on the news this summer that they were some incidents there. I am not afraid of flying. But I definitely don't want to fly with cowboy style pilot.

I liked it and I would stay there again. It's a lodge or a bed & breakfast, not a hotel, so I would not recommend it for someone who wanted a conveniently located "downtown" hotel. However, it's at a beautiful location right on the dark basalt beach of Resurection Bay. The $5 shuttle into town available from Millers Landing right next door made it convenient to get into town. So I would recommend it to people who wanted a scenic, slightly out of the way, comfy place to stay.

Do you remember what hours the shuttle runs and how often it runs?

Do you remember what hours the shuttle runs and how often it runs?

The shuttle ran every hour, on the hour approximately. It was a pretty casual operation. It was the first year they were offering the service, so I don't know what their plans are for 2008.

While researching my bear watching tour, I found this review. It is so beautifully written that I feel that I have been there. I have to admit that there are so much information in your review. I had to read it multiple times and take notes. Thank you, Thank you, so much.

I have one question about flying small plane out of Ketchikan. Do you feel safe? I heard on the news this summer that they were some incidents there. I am not afraid of flying. But I definitely don't want to fly with cowboy style pilot.

I felt safe, but our trip was before the incident this year. I did not feel that my pilot was a cowboy. However, it is my understanding that the pilot who crashed was well respected. I believe there are threads on this board with more information about the crash in Ketchikan this summer.

I felt safe, but our trip was before the incident this year. I did not feel that my pilot was a cowboy.

That was what I hoped to hear. :) :o Again, thank you for reply. I just printed out your report and put into my Alaska trip planning folder.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived