Baggage Stickers???

I remember seeing old steamer trunks and suitcases plastered with large cruiseline stickers. They seem to have disappeared. Does anyone know if they are still available for current cruiselines? What happened to them? I'd love them for my luggage.

I saw some at a Flea Market some years ago. The reason for the disappearance, IMHO, is soft-side luggage. Stickers don't work very well on it.:p

Doc

OK, if not for my luggage, then my cubicle at work :D

I remember luggage stickers, but haven't seen them offered in years, probably not since the 1970s. They used to be given out by steamship lines as well as by airlines and hotels. You might be able to find reproductions. Luggage with all sorts of exotic stickers affixed is a classic retro look.

We have a wooden steamer trunk from my wife's family that has a large While Star Line sticker on it.

The last time I had one stuck on a suitcase was in 1972 at the Hotel Alkistis in Athens. The labels were so charming that I was reluctant to throw the case away even after it was torn in half years later by some now-defunct airline.

The last time I had one stuck on a suitcase was in 1972 at the Hotel Alkistis in Athens. The labels were so charming that I was reluctant to throw the case away even after it was torn in half years later by some now-defunct airline.

Yup, they had them for hotels, ships, cities, all kinds of places. They would be collectors items if people were able to peel them off their trunks. I would have loved to start a collection, but those days are past :-(

try Nautiques website..they have old ship china, souvies, menues , signs paper goods..scan, enlarge, laminate, make signd for your office..I have Dollar Tree leetle bitty kid stickers for travel..palm trees, ships shirts Flamingos etc..cute pages..My Door Dec is made with them, as well as my CRUISE CRITIC door dec..they are going on my next 12 cruises, and have been on 6 of my 21..I had a steward one eve say.."OH, I finally meet you, I see many times your pretty door, and never who goes in or out, now I do"..that was sooo charming of him..it travels in a flattened postal mailing box, in the netted lid of my lg bag....also a good place to keep your photos, and other "do not bend" items.. I tape cut up magnet ad cards, tape to back, and then double stik take it to door..pulls off easy..re-use..

try Nautiques website..they have old ship china, souvies, menues , signs paper goods..scan, enlarge, laminate, make signd for your office..

Wow! Really cool site, just popped in there... definitely worth spending some time looking. Thank you so much.

When I first sailed on QE2 (1995) there were two fellows on board who had a massive collection of luggage tags/labels. They even did a lecture during the crossing and it was very entertaining. They also would provide authentic tags/lables for movie/tv shows.

I wonder whatever happened to them.

I loved the stickers too.. Sadly most lines now use the hanging tags.

If you are interested in getting some from older lines, there are always a bunch available on ebay.

Might be cool from the older lines... sure wish they still had them for current lines. Just really looked cool plastered on the sides of luggage and trunks,and maybe my cubicle wall at work.....

Archived