Breakfast room service

missty

We will be on the New Gem in May 2008. We would love to have breakfast delivered to our room and eat breakfast on the balcony or as we are getting ready for the day. Is it just a continental breakfast that can be ordered, or can you order other items. Thanks for your help.

missty

I love NCL, but I'd have to say that the room service menu is not their strong point. On our recent Sun cruise we got an upsell to a suite, which supposedly had a more extensive breakfast menu, but it was still pretty bleak. Last year we had a concierge class cabin on Celebrity, and the breakfast menu was much, much better. I still prefer NCL though.:)

Inside, Oceanview, Balcony, and Mini-Suites get the continental breakfast menu for room service. Suites have a "full" breakfast room service menu that includes hot food, much better variety, but still somewhat limited.

Inside, Oceanview, Balcony, and Mini-Suites get the continental breakfast menu for room service. Suites have a "full" breakfast room service menu that includes hot food, much better variety, but still somewhat limited.

We were in an AC on the Dawn...we could order anything we wanted for breakfast. Limited? I'm not sure how much more could have been offered. :confused:

Different strokes I guess....

Ciao,

W A W W

We were in an AC on the Dawn...we could order anything we wanted for breakfast. Limited? I'm not sure how much more could have been offered. :confused:

Different strokes I guess....

Ciao,

W A W W

Same here -- we could order anything for breakfast -- or lunch, or dinner, for that matter -- from anywhere on the ship (of course if we ordered from the specialty restaurants that charged a fee we would have had to pay).

One night Denny must have run all over the ship for us getting dinner -- soup and salad from the dining room, fish and chips from the Blue Lagoon, and I don't know where he got the wonderful dessert he brought!:D

BTW, that was HIS idea, not ours -- he suggested this wonderful pumpkin lobster bisque that they were serving in the dining room that we just had to try...

Well, on POAm in Jan 06, the "full" breakfast menu was definitely limited. Could be different now. I'll find out what it's like on the Pearl next month though...

Take care of the Pearl...we'll be taking her through the Canal on the 29th. If you're in a Penthouse or above you can have breakfast in Cagney's. We'll be in an AF - I'll be delegated to the continental if we order breakfast. But what I'm really looking forward to is having a bite to eat at the Great Outdoors! It's looks absolutely gorgeous and what a view!!! I cannot imagine there will be a better view (except from those AC penthouses up front!!! :D )

Have a terrific trip!

Ciao,

W A W W

Thanks WAWW! We originally had an AF, but got an upsell. Sooo... Who knows, you could end up in the AC too. lol. Looking forward to Cagneys for breakfast and lunch. But was already planning on breakfast in the stateroom at least once or twice.

Thanks WAWW! We originally had an AF, but got an upsell. Sooo... Who knows, you could end up in the AC too. lol. Looking forward to Cagneys for breakfast and lunch. But was already planning on breakfast in the stateroom at least once or twice.

If you're in an AC, for me at least, nothing beats having that first cup of strong coffee out front...it's like you're driving the ship (errr...I'm not a sailor...and I'm sure the Captain isn't driving...but I'm from Newyawk...what do I know from ships????)

Ciao,

W A W W

Guest BeckyThane
We will be on the New Gem in May 2008. We would love to have breakfast delivered to our room and eat breakfast on the balcony or as we are getting ready for the day. Is it just a continental breakfast that can be ordered, or can you order other items. Thanks for your help.

missty

I'll affirm what others have said -- insides, outsides, balconies and mini-suites only get continental breakfast rooms service -- but suites can get whatever they want. Even though the menu presented may seem "limited" (in another poster's words), you can ask for anything you want. While my breakfast tastes typically run toward continental, I requested and received eggs benedict in my AC a couple of times; that's not on the menu, but I was able to get it anyway. If you're in a suite, I say GO FOR IT! :p

I'll affirm what others have said -- insides, outsides, balconies and mini-suites only get continental breakfast rooms service -- but suites can get whatever they want. Even though the menu presented may seem "limited" (in another poster's words), you can ask for anything you want. While my breakfast tastes typically run toward continental, I requested and received eggs benedict in my AC a couple of times; that's not on the menu, but I was able to get it anyway. If you're in a suite, I say GO FOR IT! :p

My favorite was the oatmeal!!! I please relatively easily!

Ciao,

W A W W

I love NCL, but I'd have to say that the room service menu is not their strong point. On our recent Sun cruise we got an upsell to a suite, which supposedly had a more extensive breakfast menu, but it was still pretty bleak. Last year we had a concierge class cabin on Celebrity, and the breakfast menu was much, much better. I still prefer NCL though.:)

Princess isnt any better- they used to have a better breakfast menu but cut it back to continental.HAL still has the full menu no matter what kind of cabin. NCL Suite menu is great. Looking forward to breakfast on the balcony :)

Waah!

We were in an AC on the Sun, and the printed "suite menu" for breakfast was very limited. I didn't see anywhere that said we could order other things, and I never thought to ask.:o

Oh well, I got carried away and booked the same great AC (8202) for a South American cruise in 2009, so I'll definitely think of more things to order then.:) We bought four of the future cruise rewards, which makes it all too easy to book more cruises.

Archived