I have a WONDERFUL husband.....

Lulachick

Last week I told everyone I was going to cancel my cruise for my 41st on the Legend next August and have surgery done on my shoulder and just go in 2009. Well my DH thinks that he can work enough OT plus they are looking at him very hard for a promotion into mgmt w/ the USPS that he thinks we can swing both of them.:D I still have to save up enough sick time for my surgery as of right now I only have about 2.5 weeks and I need 3 weeks:( so I am looking at Christmas for the surgery. Then we will be saving for our 15th anniversay Transatlantic in a few years. So..........

Last week I told everyone I was going to cancel my cruise for my 41st on the Legend next August and have surgery done on my shoulder and just go in 2009. Well my DH thinks that he can work enough OT plus they are looking at him very hard for a promotion into mgmt w/ the USPS that he thinks we can swing both of them.:D I still have to save up enough sick time for my surgery as of right now I only have about 2.5 weeks and I need 3 weeks:( so I am looking at Christmas for the surgery. Then we will be saving for our 15th anniversay Transatlantic in a few years. So..........

Yay!! I'm so happy you will still be able to go!! Good luck with the surgery!!:)

Lulachick - hope everything works out well for your surgery and your upcoming trip. Make sure to advise your hubby to think carefully about going into management with the USPS. My husband was a carrier for many year and went into management about 6 years ago. He works very long hours with no overtime or comp pay. He gets called several times a day on his days off and also has to run back to his station to handle problems that happen after he leaves. It is a high stress job and he says all the time that he has carriers that make more money than he does because they make overtime pay. He works from 6-7 a.m. until 7 p.m. each night plus has work he has to bring home.

Personally I wish he would go back to carrying mail or at least back to being just a supervisor. I hate seeing him work so hard and so stressed out all the time.

I hope for both of you that if he does go into management that it works out well for you guys.

Archived