Want pictures of Caribbean Princess for wedding?

I've posted this in the past, but for new folks, my fiance and I toured the Caribbean Princess to scout out wedding locations (our party is too large for the chapel) and I took lots of pictures of the ship, rooms, the sabatini's (where we are having our reception brunch), skywalkers (where we are having our reception dancing and open bar) and locations for wedding ceremony's. I'm happy to share the pictures with anyone interested. I put them into two powerpoint slides with notes at the bottom describing what the picture is (beware, the files are about 4MB each). If you want them, just e mail me at cepausm@bellsouth.net and I'll be happy to share. I'm getting married in Jan 05 on Caribbean Princess and haven't found the wealth of information I had hoped on planning a cruise ship wedding, so I'm eager to share anything I have.

I'm sorry, I hadn't check the thread because I was waiting for the e mails. I've gotten quite a few and sent everyone the pics who asked for them, so I must not have gotten your request. I just sent you an e mail that reads:

just saw your reply to my post on cruise critics message board about the pictures I have of the Caribbean Princess, I don't think I got your e mail because I did reply to everyone that asked. Do you still want the pictures? Sorry for the delay, but I hadn't had a chance to check the board

So sorry for the delay! Let me know if you still want the pictures.

Thanks!

Kadiebug12,

I just looked at the pictures and I like the shots that you chose. When are you getting married? How many people do you have going with you? I would like to compare notes if that is o.k.?

How many people do you have to have to have it on the deck? Would they actually block off the site for your location? What type of flowers can you choose?

Sorry for the questions. I am just trying to figure things out for my fiance and I. We have to start booking some extras and that soon too.

Thanks again,

Shari:p

Hi Shari,

I'll be glad to swap notes. We are getting married January 13th 05 on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary. We have about 40 people (including us) cruising as a group. My travel agent took care of the bookings and we got great perks like bride and groom cruising for free, and points we got to allocate for the group however we wanted (we used them for a free photo for everyone, a cocktail party we are using as a meet and greet plus a 100 dollar discount per cabin). We also have cruised with Princess before, so we added our entire guest list to our Captain's Circle "referral" account and got a 25.00 credit off our booking for each person who is sailing with Princess for the first time. With all these perks my fiance and I are cruising in a Mini-Suite for almost nothing and our guests are getting GREAT deals (they also get 25.00 off their booking as part of the referral program).

I don't think there is a min number of people the have the ceremony on the deck, but they don't really "advertise" it as a place to get married which surprised me. We didn't even know you could get married on the deck until I got the call that we were too big for the chapel (I booked before the ship was built and had been told it would accomodate us). They do block off the site for you, though when I asked about the pool in the back of the ship they seemed VERY reluctant. I think we'll be marrying at the pool in the front of the ship because it's extremely private and they told me they would definitly block it off. I don't think you can choose the large floral arrangements that they put on either side of the bride and groom, but I choose a hand tied bouquet of red roses for me, single long stem white roses for my bridesmaids and red rose buds for the guys boutineeres.

We are doing a brunch at the Sabatini's (one of the pay to eat resteraunts) after the ceremony. It's actually a really good deal since it includes alcohol. Then, we'll be having an open bar and DJ in the Skywalkers where we'll have our cake and dance for 2-3 hours. The sabatini's won't be private, but the skywalkers will. We are having flowers placed on the tables at sabatini's. A small red rose bouquet with red rose petals sprinkled on the tables. We will then take the flowers with us and place them around skywalkers (why not, we paid for them right?).

One thing I've discovered, there is a lot you can do that they won't tell you unless you ask. I have some pictures such as a typical cake set up, flowers, the sabatini's menus, and I have the Princess brochures as well (you've probably gotten those if you've booked your wedding already). I'm happy to share, so let me know if you want them. We are doing a custom cake, we sent them a picture of a gorgeous square three tier cake with roses and ribbons and they gave us a quote (not too high at around 350). They can do all kinds of custom stuff, you just have to ask and they'll quote you. They're also delivering our guests welcome bags to their rooms.

I have been working on my wedding since january and I can't believe it's almost 4 months away. :)

Like I've said before, there is limited information out there about cruise weddings and The Wedding Experience sure the heck doesn't share unless you ask (though I must say that Alba was a WEALTH of information when she took us on the tour around the ship, I can't say enough how nice it was to meet her in person and she is truly an expert at this) so I'm happy to share any information I have.

You can e mail me too if you have any other questions!

Kadie

Archived