PLEASE HELP Crown Princess or Serenade of the seas

pasc

We have booked a southern Caribbean trip on dec 8th with Serenade of the Seas RCI but we are still hesitate with the Crown Princess. Which one should we choose; we sailed with Celebrity and loved that.

1. We are mid 30 without kids.

2. We do not like ship with a lot of announcement

3. We like a high level of service and food quality

4. We never sailed on a MEGA ship as the Crown, is it very crowdy

5. Best price for drinks

6. We heard that there a lot of extra to pay on the Crown ??

7. Best balcony cabin

Thank you

I have sailed the Serenade twice to the southern caribbean and sailed the Emerald, sister to the Crown and I can tell you you will have a wonderful time on either ship. There are pluses and minuses to each ship. Serenade pluses:

360 degree spin in front of the Pitons, island sail by on last day(if they still do it) larger balcony room, try to get a cornor hump balcony, docks in Haversight in St Thomas instead of Crown Bay, You can get a full hot breakfast for roomservice, the adults only covered solarium, (however the solarium has only one hot tub that is frequently closed at night.

Crown pluses: 7 hot tubs that are fresh water, 2 adult pools uncovered, 3 sets of elevators( half the time on the Serenade the elevators were so slow we took the stairs) anytime dining, buffet is open 24 hours, usually docks downtown San Juan.

Although the Crown is much larger you don't notice it. Both ships are beautiful and service should be about the same. We are going on the Crown in Dec out of PR on the St Kits-Grenada route. Bottom line I would do the Serenade because of the 360 degree spin in St Lucia and the island sail by.

Bottom line I would do the Serenade because of the 360 degree spin in St Lucia and the island sail by.

Agree, agree, agree and for the exact same reasons. I thought that perhaps we did the Piton spin on the Serenade simply because the time of the year (April) allowed for us to view the sunset over the Pitons. Nice to know it happens all the time. And the island sail by on the final sea day is incredible. It is something else to be sailing by one island and look off and see another 2 or 3 named islands (love Saba the best). Did you also see Montserrat from the eastern side one evening during the cruise? And seeing the church steeple sticking up out of the lava flow in Plymouth...wow! There is something special about that cruise!

Archived