Directions to Avis in Skagway

bobbie_81348

If you a do a search, there are several posts with the exact route. That said, the town of Skagway is very small and on a grid, so there is no way to get lost. Even assuming your boat is docked at the furthest aawy dock possible, you could still do the walk in about 10 minutes.

We have reserved a car in Skagway and know that the address for Avis is 3rd St. Which way do we go when we get off the NCL Pearl? 3rd St. intersects with several streets, which one do we take? Thanks for the help.

It's on 3rd Avenue (not street), between Broadway and Spring, across the street from the lobby of the Westmark Hotel. There's a map at http://skagway.com/citymap.html

Exact directions will depend on which dock you berth at - there are 3 possibilities.

Yukon, thank you so much for the help. I appreciate the help, that is what I love about this board, people willing to help one another.

I do not mean to ask something I could search for and I have been searching for the pass few hours. I rechecked every post that mentioned renting from Avis, driving to Emerald Lake but never found any mentions of any streets. I found the 3rd Ave. from Avis' address. Then looking at a map of the city saw that 3rd ran several blocks crossing several streets. I only went back mid July and could very well have missed a post telling directions from the pier, but I tried.

Was in Skagway last week - we did take the advice of another post and called when we arrived to let them know exactly when we would pick up the car so it would be there - she gave directions of Spring and 3rd which we found the lot of AVIS but did not realize that the office was located across the street and up the stairs of what looked like a motel - several of us were all together and they yelled out to us - very nice people.

We were at the farthest dock and we walked it - about 12 minutes

Wonderful day and wonderful drive - Enjoy

• 5 months later...

Archived