Dining room questions

MrSnarkyPants

OMG! We're soooooooooooooo excited about our first cruise! :D

Some questions:

1. Everybody keeps talking about dressing up on formal night for lobster. I'm only packing shorts and crocs for this cruise. Would they let me eat lobster as long as I wore a coat and tie with my shorts? I can always wear socks...

2. If we only buy one soda card and order a Coke with dinner, could we ask for a glass of ice so we can pour some of the Coke off into it and split it?

3. What's the best way to save our deck chairs while we go eat?

No I do not recommend trying to wear shorts into the dining room on formal night. If you don't want to dress up go to the buffet. If you want the lobster bad enough dress up and go to the dining room and get it. Formal night is fun!! Even a simple cocktail dress will do, it doesn't have to be too formal.

As for the soda thing, I think it sounds kind of tacky using the card to get one soda and splitting it...Spend the extra $2.00 for another coke.

There is no saving deck chairs...The best I can suggest is one of you go get food and bring it back where the other is still sitting or leave your towel or something on the chair when you leave and hope that no one moved it or took it when you get back.

Some questions:

1. Everybody keeps talking about dressing up on formal night for lobster. I'm only packing shorts and crocs for this cruise. Would they let me eat lobster as long as I wore a coat and tie with my shorts? I can always wear socks...

2. If we only buy one soda card and order a Coke with dinner, could we ask for a glass of ice so we can pour some of the Coke off into it and split it?

Shaking head here. You have way to much time on your hands :eek:

You can smuggle the tequila and margarita mix in your checked luggage if you really need to...I've always thought the drinks were reasonably priced and didn't want to have to pack much more...So, i'm not exacly sure how the smuggling thing works as I've not done it nor do I plan to...

But a blender??? Come one now...Don't you think that's getting a little carried away?

If you're that affraid to spend some money on your trip you probably shouldn't be taking the trip...

How about if we pack some tequila and margarita mix in our suitcase along with a blender? Would that trip a breaker?

John, you need to tell Ericka that she should probably find a new traveling companion, as you will be in the hospital take care of your "problems" :eek: :eek:

You can smuggle the tequila and margarita mix in your checked luggage if you really need to...I've always thought the drinks were reasonably priced and didn't want to have to pack much more...So, i'm not exacly sure how the smuggling thing works as I've not done it nor do I plan to...

But a blender??? Come one now...Don't you think that's getting a little carried away?

If you're that affraid to spend some money on your trip you probably shouldn't be taking the trip...

Our cabin is party central.

Even a simple cocktail dress will do, it doesn't have to be too formal.

John my wife just buys dresses made out of a material that does not wrinkle that looks very nice to wear to dinner on formal night. it takes up less space than one of my t shirts. If you decide to weaer one though i would defentlt wear my black socks with my crocs.

Just take the blender on deck with you and ask the very helpful staff for a drop cord to plug it in. they will help you out if not give them a bad review and take the tip away. The ask for a bucket of ice to use to mix the drinks. If you will tip them in cash they will bend over backwards to help.

As for saving the chairs just place a book in one with the thin $3.00 towel you take with you to keep from being paronoid about losing the big thick carnival clean one everyday that they provide in one chair with an apple a pair of glasses and another $3.00 towel in the other one.

Just order one coke show the card when they bring it order another and request a glass of ice with each order. If the friendly staff says no tip with cash on the spot see where that gets you then leave a bad review.

Hope you have a great cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

We save money by booking a cabin for two (the two of us), then bringing our two kids in steamer trunks. We just have to remember to cut some holes in the bottom of the trunks. Last time they caught us because the holes were on the top. Whe we get to the port of call, we plan to have two of us disembark, then we will hoist the cards back to the ship with a basket tied to a rope. Then the other two will disembark. Port side means it's going to be on the side of the port, right? I don't want to have to do the basket thing from one of the public decks.

4.gif

Some questions:

Here are a few more tips:cool:

1. Ask for a doggie bag to put the coke in you don't drink at dinner and add to it each night.

2. As for your shorts depends how short they are:eek:

3. Bring a chain and padlock to save your chairs they work pretty good.:D

Have fun on your cruise let me know how the padlock works.:)

Mike

1. You cannot wear shorts or jeans in the dining room. Just bring a pair of khakis with you, or dark pants/sport jacket and shirt and tie for the formal nights. If you do not want to dress up then just go to the buffet.

2. Why do people have to be so cheap. Your soda will be served to you each night in the dining room, if that is what you want. My daughers had soda cards. Each night their soda was waiting for them. I just drank the tea, lemonade and water.

3. Do not worry about chairs. When we wanted lunch, we would just leave our stuff on the chair, go get lunch and return to the seat. We liked the area in the back of the boat (rear of the lido deck). It had food places right there, sun, shade and adult only hot tubs.

Archived