Where is the Quest?

sweetdardar

Has anyone have any updates on what it presently being done to the Quest? Its getting close to sailing time and we havent heard a thing. I hope that when they have the unveiling, it is completed, unlike the Journey, who is still waiting for minibar/refridgerators to be delivered to the rooms.

As far as I know the Quest is still sailing as the Blue Moon. the last itinerary gets into Copenhaagen somewhere around September 15th or so.

This means they will have at least 5 weeks or so to dry dock, renovated and sail to Miami before the inagural October 24th cruise.

It may not seem like a lot of time, but hopefully they've learned from their mistimings on Journey and will be more equipt and ready to start and finish on time.

Dave:eek:

Yes. Dry Dock then sometime in November or December it comes out.

I do not think they want to make the same errors they did with the Journey when they rushed it into service.

Hi Longboysfan !

Just as an FYI, the first Quest sailing is October 24th. I know this, cause I am booked on that sailing :)

I guess that means the 'experienced' crew currently on Journey will all be transferred to the Quest - just in time for my October 27 cruise on Azamara Journey! Rats!!!:mad:

What makes you think the Journey crew will be transferred the Quest? Both ships will be sailing and I'm sure they need to be experienced on both ships. I don't understand your comment?:confused:

Hi 1cruiselvr !

We have heard from past passengers that some of Journey's current crew (especially supervisors) will be moved to Quest in October. Overall, I would bet the number of crew being moved to Quest is a small percentage. Actually, this is very common in the Cruise industry. Cruise lines often move some of their more experienced Crew to a new ship, so they have a fair amount of seasoned crew there. We have often met old Celebrity friends (crew) on Millennium Class ships at Celebrity, when they made their debut.

If you are sailing on Journey, not to worry. I am sure many of the current crew will be staying on Journey. Also, for those who are moving to Quest, Azamara will be training the Journey replacements well in advance, so they are ready for their new positions.

I'm on the Inaugural sailing on the Quest on 10/24. I don't expect this short 2-night cruise to be perfect. I'm on the ship to check out if I would feel comfortable sailing on her on much longer cruises for the future.

I know that Celebrity has a great product, so even if it's not up to par for the first sailing, I'll be back in the future.

My first Celebrity cruise was on the Horizon (which I didn't care for, but the food was fabulous), so I decided to try a newer ship and then booked the Summit for a 10-nighter and Celebrity stole my heart. I've been sailing on her ever since.

I've been waiting for Celebrity to bring out smaller ships with different ports, and they delivered it.

I'm glad there's been some great reviews from seasoned cruisers on the Journey and I know the Quest will get the same reviews as well.

Happy cruising!

I guess I thought the poster was commenting that all the experienced crew were going to be transferred to the Quest, leaving Journey with poor service. I know crew move around but I don't think Azamara will compromise one ship's service over another was the point I was trying to make. Happy Sailing!

I guess I thought the poster was commenting that all the experienced crew were going to be transferred to the Quest, leaving Journey with poor service. I know crew move around but I don't think Azamara will compromise one ship's service over another was the point I was trying to make. Happy Sailing!

:o We are first-time cruisers (newbies) and so somewhat apprehensive. Many of the reviews from earlier Journey cruises were full of nothing but praise for the crew - including the Captain, Maitre d' and others. To hear that some (a few - many?) of these people are being shuffled off to the Quest is understandable but, makes us a little nervous. Can't help feeling that a crew which has already sailed a few times on a ship and has become accustomed to her, will be able to provide a more polished, personal and efficient level of service.

Also, if experience from other fields is any guide - the 'best' staff (i.e. more experienced, mature ...) are usually put into more 'difficult' situation (i.e. breaking in a new ship). Those with less experience (read "more to learn") are kept out of the fray (i.e. not crewed for shakedowns). The best are always placed where there is the greatest chance of a problem arising.

Hopefully the new crew members will be adequate - we had hoped for "the best" (pie in the sky I guess)

Thanks

Archived