If I was allowed to break one rule.....

wasiii

If I was allowed to break 1 rule/regulation what would it be?  

393 members have voted

1. 1. If I was allowed to break 1 rule/regulation what would it be?

• Wear whatever in the Dining Room (a fan favorite)
    • Be a Chair Hog
    • Share my soda card
    • Smuggle Alcohol
    • Go into 'Crew Only' Areas
    • Other
    • I'm not sure what a rule/regulation is

Several things are inconveniences. Not being able to keep a bottle of rum in my cabin, or not be able to try something purchased ashore is just plain wrong. The shame of it is we still run up a pretty healthy bar tab as it is. It's not like Carnival is missing any revenue.

I'd even pay a little more for my cruise to be able to bring 1 bottle at the start and 1 bottle at each port. They could issue a punch card or something. I'd play by that rule. Their Draconian liquor laws encourage cheating. Jeez and I thought Texas had tough laws.

Sorry but I could not vote as I ignore all of those rules any way. :D

Cheers,

Peter

I thought rules were set to advoid problems. Those posted wouldn't cause any problems in my opinion:D

But in order to play the silly game, I did vote to smuggle:D :D

There are 3 that I've not followed on my last 3 cruises (bar bill $0.00 on last three cruises to give you a hint). I don't bring a suit or tie and I eat in the dining room on formal night. I am a reverse chair hog because I've started taking towels and moving peoples stuff around. But, I would love to see the crew areas and engine room.

i agree w/ rob about the breaking vs. changing.

so, if i were able to change a rule, i would expand the rule(s) permitting a reasonable amount of soda/water/wine to include a reasonable amount of beer.:p

i think it's unfair that they allow wine and not beer. liquor they stand to lose more profit from, it lasts a whole lot longer and goes a whole lot further, (though if they did include liquor as permitted, i wldn't mind. i just don't drink it much, so my choice, if i only had one choice, wld be for beer).

a lift on the beer restriction wld cause them no more economic harm than the permitted wine exception. and, forget the cork fee. i don't think anyone is even asked to pay that if recent threads hold true.

None of the above. I am not a rule breaker, well not on a cruise anyway ;)

I would love to go on a cruise just once and not one person on the ship saves a chair. I honestly think that is one of the most rudest things a person can do. If all of your party is not there, screw them, they do not get a seat, at least not next to you.

I voted for the booze smuggling. I like to bring my own wine onboard, and now they've set a per cabin limit, bummer. I guess I'll have to buy some of Carnival's overpriced vintages. It's really not that big of a deal, I'll survive. We don't drink hard liquor and my hubby drinks Miller Lite, and that is easily available on deck and in the stateroom minibar.

I would like to dress in resort casual every night in the dining room. Dressed up for years for work & required functions and now I prefer relaxed dress. I pre-order liquor for the room, never have a problem finding a chair, etc., etc. so that's the most important one for us.;)

OMG seeing the crew area is currently No2 on your wish list :eek:

Let me tell you its so drab down there, no carpets, no soft furnishings or home comforts. The crew bar is smoky room with basic furniture, a juke box, a few slot machines & the lights are always on full blast.

The crew mess is like a factory cafeteria & the crew cabins are incredibly small & utilitarian.....boring

The first time my Mom came to visit me I showed her the passenger area's first & when she saw the contrast of the crew area's she was most upset.

Archived