Glory Cabin - Suite vs. 2 Balcony Cabins

We're planning to sail on the Glory in 2008. We sailed on the Miracle earlier this year and had 2 connecting balcony cabins - which was great. Unfortunately, the Glory doesn't have true connecting cabins (you can open up the balcony dividers, though) so I am trying to weigh the pros and cons of each.

Here's what I have so far

2 Balcony Cabins

Pro - Slightly less $$$

Pro - 2 bathrooms, 2 TVs

Pro - Kids each get own bed

Con - Kids will be 9 and 13 - I would rather be able to keep the door open and hear what is going on in their cabin.

Con - can't get balcony cabin open until 2nd day

Suite (Cat 12)

Pro - No worries that I can't hear/see them

Pro - VIP check-in (not a big deal, though)

Con - kids have to share sofa

Con - 1 bathroom, 1 TV

Anyone else think of any pros/cons I should consider? We really want the extra room and were spoiled with our connecting cabins. Looking at the map, the Cat 12 suites look to be about the same size as 2 cabins put together. Are they really that roomy?

On the GLory-- the divider can be opened by the cabin steward-- you dont have to go through the pursers office like you do on the Spirit class ship=

so the divider can be opened right away.

But make sure the cabins are set so that the divider can be opened. If one cabin has the door that will block the divider then it cant be opened.

Lots of people get two cabins-- most get a balcony and put the kids across the hall.

it comes down to whatever you are comfortable doing

We just cruised on the Glory with kids and had three balcony rooms. I would definitiely do this- you can get the balcony dividers removed, but do be sure your rooms have a removable divider between them (some don't). You can get any extra key card to the kids room. We had aft rooms, they were great, an extra bath and the privacy were well worth it.

Thanks! These boards are full of so much good information. I didn't know the steward could open the dividers on the Miracle, or that some can't be opened! How do I know if the balcony dividers can be removed or not? Will my PVP know this for sure? I want to be in the Empress deck - either mid ship or perhaps an Aft wrap balcony (9a) and an aft next door. Any recommendations or warnings of which won't work for us?

I would go with the 2 cabins. If you're worried about the kids being alone, you should bunk with one and your spouse should bunk with the other. You could always put them to bed in one room, then move one kid into the other room when you and your spouse are ready to go to sleep. We have 2 rooms booked for next year and that's what I plan on doing.

Also, when we were on the Glory we had 3 balcony rooms and our Steward told us that we had to go to the Purser's desk. Then our Steward was given permission from the Purser to open the dividers. Do this once you get on board because only a certain number of dividers are allowed to be opened per sailing.

. I didn't know the steward could open the dividers on the Miracle, or that some can't be opened! How do I know if the balcony dividers can be removed or not? Will my PVP know this for sure? I want to be in the Empress deck - either mid ship or perhaps an Aft wrap balcony (9a) and an aft next door. Any recommendations or warnings of which won't work for us?

On the Miracle the cabin steward doesnt open the divider--- on spirit class ships you need to go through the pursers desk.

On the GLory--its different.

A PVP could tell you ALL dividers open--its not the case. If the divider opens to a cabin door youwill not get it to be opened.

If you take the 9A--- it will open to the real long balcony on the side.

but that cabin will have a queen bed instead of 2 beds

empress deck-- 7434 and 7440

Thanks! These boards are full of so much good information. I didn't know the steward could open the dividers on the Miracle, or that some can't be opened! How do I know if the balcony dividers can be removed or not? Will my PVP know this for sure? I want to be in the Empress deck - either mid ship or perhaps an Aft wrap balcony (9a) and an aft next door. Any recommendations or warnings of which won't work for us?

Can I help you here or what.....? Check this out *****Conquest%20Deck%20plans.htm

I made this up just for this purpose

We sailed Glory a couple months ago and our steward was new and didn't have a key of his own so he had to call maintenance. Maintenance arrived the evening we embarked, but I had already used my Ford truck key to open the divider. Just lift a little on the bottom of the divider with your foot directly below the lock to relieve the pressure on the mechanism and it turns easily with a regular key. ;)

I also recommend the two adjoining balcony option. Our boys do fine in their own room and it enables everyone to relax and have a better vacation.

Thanks, Chitown! You are AWESOME!!!!! Oddly enough, I seem to be tracking your cruises... I was on the Miracle in February and read tons of your posts to get great information on that ship. Now that I've decided to try the Glory, here you are again with tons of great information.

Thanks a million!

Thanks, Chitown! You are AWESOME!!!!! Oddly enough, I seem to be tracking your cruises... I was on the Miracle in February and read tons of your posts to get great information on that ship. Now that I've decided to try the Glory, here you are again with tons of great information.

Thanks a million!

you're welcome.........I'm addicted to this place, just paying forward what someone did for me..........I'm going to add the laundry's to the map to get people more info.

..........I'm going to add the laundry's to the map to get people more info.

Laundry rooms are available on the following decks

deck 1 Riveria deck across 1359

deck 2 Main deck across 2367

deck 6 Upper deck across 6387

deck 7 empress deck across 7339

deck 8 veranda deck across 9270

Washers costs $2.00 each load

Dryers costs $2.00 each load

Detergents and fabric softners are $1.00 each.

Laundry rooms are available on the following decks

deck 1 Riveria deck across 1359

deck 2 Main deck across 2367

deck 6 Upper deck across 6387

deck 7 empress deck across 7339

deck 8 veranda deck across 9270

Washers costs $2.00 each load

Dryers costs $2.00 each load

Detergents and fabric softners are $1.00 each.

Why thank you! I was waiting for another "where is the laundry?' thread to come up.

Is this all of them on board or the ones that you know of?

Archived